Settling in Canada can be exciting, but the process might be daunting. You must have heard about Permanent Residency when trying to know more about staying in Canada. It is an immigration status where you have legal rights in Canada.
However, one of the easiest and fastest ways to enter Canada and get PR status is through the Express Entry Program. Before we proceed, let us first know the meaning of the Express Entry Program and how to apply for the program.
What is an Express Entry Program?
Express Entry is the fastest way to become a permanent residence for immigrants seeking a new life in Canada. It is an online system where the Canadian government organizes and processes the applications for skilled workers who want to settle in Canada and acquire Canadian permanent residence status.
How can I apply for Express Entry?
If you want to apply for Express Entry, there are two steps; in the first step, you must submit your profile by providing Language test results, an Educational Credential Assessment report, and a passport. In the second step, you will receive an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence. There you are required to provide reference letters, additional identity documents, police clearance certificates, and medical examination results.
What is the Express Entry Canada Requirement?
There are three programs that are necessary for the Express Entry system:
- The Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) program
- The Federal Skilled Trades (FST) program
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
If you qualify in any of these programs, you must pass through Canada point calculation system, i.e., Express Entry Pool, and you will be assigned a CRS score.
What is a Comprehensive Ranking Score?
A comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) is a tool used to calculate and help rank the scores of potential immigrants. Each skilled person who wants to immigrate to Canada must comply with their qualifications and be eligible for one of the three programs before.
What is the Canada Point Calculation System?
The Canada point calculation system is one of the essential tools to know where you stand and how you can proceed further. To become a PR of Canada through the Express Entry system, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC if your CRS score is above. The candidates who wish to immigrate are analyzed out of 1,200 scores based on these significant factors:
Core / Human Capital Factors: Age, Education, Work Experience and Language proficiency. These are considered key to economic success for immigrants.
Spouse or Common-law Partner Factors: It includes the Language proficiency of the spouse or common-law partner accompanying, Education, and Work Experience.
Transferability of Skills: You will receive additional points to your profile based on your Education, Language proficiency, and Non-Canadian Work Experience.
Miscellaneous: You may get extra 600 points for a Provincial nomination and other different points for a valid job offer, equal to the minimum CRS score set.
How to Calculate Points for Canada immigration for Express Entry Program:
The popular pathways to getting PR status in Canada are Express Entry Program, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), and Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP). In the Express Entry Program, candidates need to score at least 67 out of 100 to get direct Entry, making them eligible for a Canada PR visa through an Express Entry System. However, to get an invitation, residents need a high CRS score.
Below is the way to Calculate Points for Canada immigration.
- Age: You will have to score total points, i.e. 12 points, if your age is between 18 and 35.
- Education: You may secure 25 points for a doctorate-level degree. It is like the higher your degree, the higher your score.
- Work Experience: You can score 15 out of 67 points if you have professional work experience of 6 or more years.
- Language Proficiency: You can score 28 points for language proficiency by scoring well on the language test.
- Adaptability: If any of your family members are living in Canada, you can earn an extra 10 points. Their past studies and work experience in Canada are also considered.
- Job Offer: YOu can get additional 10 points if you have an LMIA-approved employment offer letter in Canada.
Requirements for Canada PR are:
- Proof of enough funds to support your application
- Educational credential assessment (ECA)
- Original and official documents supporting your visa application are required.
- Educational degrees and certificates
- Skills assessment test
- Language test results
One must have a plan if one wants to immigrate to Canada successfully. Best Immigration consultancy will help you throughout your application process, which facilitates you to make more informed decisions. After you calculate points for Canada immigration and check your Canada Express Entry eligibility, contact India's most Trusted Canadian Immigration, Achintya Immigration Consultant. They offer transparency throughout the process to ensure applications are processed faster.