In this article, we will discuss the ways with the help of which you can change your username on Twitter. We all are aware that we can easily change our Display name as many times as desired on our account on Twitter. However, most of us might be unaware that Twitter gives us access to change our username (Twitter Handle). The reason to change the username might be any. One among them might be a lousy username that you would have created when you would have joined Twitter. You might want to change it later on. So, for that, you must know the steps with which you can change your username whenever required. Below we have mentioned the steps with which you can easily change your username on Twitter.
This article will show you how you can fulfill the task through mobile as well as web apps. The process mentioned for mobile apps is similar for Android and iOS platforms, and the steps mentioned for the web app are similar for all the browsers.
How to Change Your Username on Twitter Using a Web Browser?
You may follow these step to change your username on Twitter using a web browser:
- Open up Twitter and login into your account.
- Then click on “More.”
- Go to “Settings and privacy.”
- Further, click on Account and then go to the Account information. Twitter may ask you to re-enter your password to enter this section.
- You need to further click on the Username.
- Edit your username as desired. Please note that sometimes you may not get the desired username because of the unavailability of the same. You may be shown the statement “Username not available or taken.” This simply means that the username that you are expecting is already taken by someone else.
- After changing the username, you need to click on the “Save” button.
How to Change Your Twitter Handle Using the Mobile App?
You can change your Twitter handle through a mobile app with these easy steps:
- Click on the Twitter icon to open the app.
- Login to your account.
- Then click on the profile icon situated at the top.
- Further press on the “Settings and Privacy” option.
- Then click on the “Account” option and go to the “Username.”
- You need to further click on the empty region that can be seen below “New.”
- Then click on “Continue.”
- You may then type a new username for your account.
- Once you made changes to your Twitter handle, you need to save the changes you have made by clicking on “Done.”
So, these were the ways with the help of which you can easily change your Twitter handle through the web as well as mobile apps without needing to delete your Twitter account. But please do remember that your username should be longer than 15 letters. Further, it needs to have only letters and numbers.