Energy production in India is rising and so are the frequent power cuts in the rural and urban areas. In summer season, power cuts are common and they time can vary from 1 hour to up to 3 hours in urban area, whereas in rural areas power cuts can remain for as long as an entire day. Therefore, the need of inverter in summer season becomes very essential.
What is a solar inverter?
A solar inverter is one of the major components of a solar system, that converts the direct current (DC) electricity generated by solar panels into alternating current (AC) electricity that can be used to power appliances in home and Business. Solar inverters are a crucial part of a solar system as they allow solar energy to be utilized as a viable source of electricity for home and business.
What does a solar inverter do?
A solar inverter basically converts DC (direct current) into AC (Alternate Current). Usually, the current is equivalent to either 120 or 240 volts but this depends on which country you live in.
In other words, you cannot power your house from the direct energy generated by your solar system, you will need a solar inverter. A normal inverter cannot be installed with a solar system.
The solar inverter also serves other important functions, such as:
- Monitoring and controlling the flow of electricity between the solar panels and the grid or batteries.
- Ensuring that the solar panels operate at their maximum efficiency and produce the highest possible amount of electricity.
- Protecting the electrical system by shutting down the solar panels in case of power surge or other electrical problems.
How many KW of solar system can make your home electricity bill free?
A solar system of 5 kW can easily run the daily electricity needs of a home and can dramatically cut-short the electricity bill. A 5-kW solar system can reduce the dependency of direct electricity supply from the local DISCOM (Distribution Company) by 50% or more. A 5kW solar system consists a hybrid inverter and solar panels of very high efficiency technology which can generate more power in less light.
Top 10 Solar Inverters
- Loom Solar – Loom Solar is one of the top solar inverters manufacturing Indian brand. It is headquartered in Faridabad, Haryana. The manufacturing of solar products is processed with the most advance and modern technology available in the market.
- Livguard LGS900PV Pure Sine Wave 800 VA / 12V – This Livguard solar inverter can be used at a small scale such as in a small homes or at a small shops, small offices, etc. This inverter supports 1 battery and it comes with 3 years of warranty. It has artificial intelligent charging system which is generally not available in other similar type of inverters.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 5,299.
- Livguard LGS1100PV Pure Sine Wave 900 VA / 12V – Another top solar inverter in the list is also from Livguard. This inverter is an advance variant of previous mentioned solar inverter with 100 extra VA, which can be used for small shops, small home appliances such as electric induction, small offices. The inverter comes with 3 years of warranty.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 5,699.
- V-Guard Smart Pro 1200 S – This inverter has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connection, which makes this solar inverter a smart solar inverter. This inverter can run medium power consuming appliances without any problem, such as Refrigerator, Mixers, Room Cooler, Sound Bar, Chimney, etc. It has LED screen which indicates the remaining power in the battery, approximate backup time, modes, etc.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 8,799.
- UTL Gamma Plus rMPPT 1000VA- 12Volt – This solar inverter is a hybrid inverter from the UTL manufacturer. This inverter has a 40Amp charger which can generate 1kVA 12V power. It can support 12V and 24V solar panels with single battery.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 11,999.
- Genus Surja Pro 3200 24V – This solar inverter is built by Genus which is an Indian manufacturer. This solar inverter comes with a 50AMP inbuilt solar maximiser charge controller which protects homes, offices, other places from overt heating and short circuits. This inverter can run medium electrical appliances such as refrigerator, washing machine, chimney, heater, geyser, etc.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 14,341.
- Sparkel Solar Car Compact Inverter 12V DC – This is a special addition in the list, this solar inverter is built for cars which can provide power to cars, tractors, travel wagons, etc. it has 12V DC to 230V AC pure sine wave inverter with 2,000W. it also has a digital display.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 18,479.
- Statcon Energiaa Bullet 3024 MPPT – This solar inverter has 2.5kVA output. It can run heavy electrical appliances such as 1HP water pump, water geyser, acs, electric vehicles charging station, etc with sufficient power throughout the day.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 23,999.
- Loom Solar Fusion 3 kw, 1 ø – This solar inverter is built by Loom Solar which is a leading solar product manufacturer in India. It generates 3 kw power. It is an on grid solar inverter. Unlike other inverters, it has a wall mount hooks with 4-inch LCD display. It has 96.80% efficiency rate. It has noise level of less than 30 dBA.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 29,000.
- Livsol Pure Sine Wave Solar PCU / Inverter / Low THD – This solar inverter is a multipurpose solar inverter which has a 7.5 KVA / 96V power output with advanced DSP technology. It has dual mode of working with UPS and normal inverter settings. It also has High Power New Generation MOSFET cable which is super-efficient in preventing short circuits and over heating of cables.
The price of this solar inverter starts from Rs. 57,999.
These are the top 10 solar inverters in India which are highly preferred by the consumers. We hope that you find this above information useful as per your query.
Hope this article provides some clarity about leading solar inverter manufacturers in the country. We also encourage an engineer site visit who is an expert and can give valuable inputs regarding design, size, finance, and other important aspects which a new customer might miss.