If you received QuickBooks error message OL-222, it indicates QuickBooks didn’t get a valid response from the bank’s server. When the QuickBooks error code OL-222 pops up, the user receives a message, “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution.” The QuickBooks online banking error OL-222 usually triggers while importing a .QBO file from an authorized financial institution in QuickBooks. Continue reading the blog to know about QuickBooks error code message OL-222, its causes and solutions.
If you are getting QuickBooks error OL-222 and want an instant solution to fix it, then get assistance from the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430).
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error OL-222?
Following are the factors responsible for the error:
- Irregular formatting of the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks desktop version you are using is outdated.
- Some characters of the .QBO file does not match the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard for exchanging financial data with QuickBooks.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error OL-222
Following are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Get the latest QuickBooks update
The steps given below will help you update the QuickBooks desktop manually:
- Exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, click on Get Updates.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop after download completes.
- To start the installation, click Yes.
- Restart your workstation.
If you still get the same error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Ensure you have a backup of the company file
The steps given below will help you backup the company file:
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user mode.
- Click on the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- Next, select Create Local Backup.
- Within the window, select Local Backup and then Next.
- From the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and select the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- Click OK and then Save it now.
We tried our best to help you resolve the QuickBooks error OL-222. If you didn’t find the blog helpful, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).