Top 7 Tips for Choosing Your Perfect Camping Mattress
A camping trip is a wonderful adventure that allows you the freedom to escape and stay in some of the most exciting corners of the world. But if you don't get a good night's sleep, you'll be tired and irritable at best, and at worst in danger of injury from poor concentration. So we've put together a list of the top 7 tips for choosing your perfect camping mattress so you can be sure to get a good night's sleep with a camping mattress that's perfect for your camping adventure.
Without further ado, let's get started:
1. Make sure the camping mattress fits in your tent. There is nothing worse than spending time and money on what appears to be the perfect mattress and discovering on your trip that it won't go flat in your store. Take the Measurements from your store before you buy the mattress and check them against the measurements of the mattress, this way you will make sure you get a rolled up mattress that fits you well.
2. Check the mattress to see if it is comfortable. Only you can tell if an inflatable mattress will help you sleep like a baby. Give it a try before you go on a trip. It will be too late when you arrive at your destination to change your camping mattress.
3. Make sure your mattress is not too heavy. This is especially important if you are hiking, backpacking, or embarking on an extreme adventure like mountain climbing. If your mattress is too heavy, you will feel resentful of having to carry it and it will tire you too much, which can be inconvenient at best and very dangerous at worst.
4. Calculate how much you will travel. If you travel to many different locations, you will want a sturdy yet lightweight mattress so you can quickly set up and store your camp. If you spend hours every day building and tearing down your campsite, you will soon get tired.
5. Compare prices. The internet is a wonderful place where you can quickly check to find the best price. Check your mattress in a store and then find the best deal online. But also make sure you buy from a reputable website in case you run into any issues and need to return it.
6. Make sure you have a suitable repair kit. This is especially important if you are bringing an inflatable mattress for camping. There is nothing more deflated than a camping mattress that cannot be inflated!
7. Decide how much comfort you can trade for weight. The most comfortable mattresses are the large inflatable mattresses, but these are very heavy. If you can get by with a roll-up mattress, there are still some great and comfortable options you can choose from.
It is very important to take your time when choosing your camping mattress because without a good night's sleep and an easy to transport camping mattress, your trip will be a bore, not a blast!