Brother printer error state In Windows 10
Rather than attempting complicated solutions right away, try some basic troubleshooting methods to fix Brother printer error state In Windows 10 issues. The first thing you can do is double-check that all wires and plugs are correctly inserted and that no links are loose.If you're using a Brother printer that links to the internet through WiFi, make sure it's linked and receiving signals.
Causes Of Brother printer In error state
There are a variety of explanations why the brother printer is in error state. This issue may be caused by paper jams or broken links, for example. If you've made significant changes to the software or there's a shortage of ink in the printer, the error state problem could arise.Now that we know some of the possible reasons behind this error, let’s take a look at all the solutions that will help you resolve this error.
Follow Steps To Fix Brother Printer In An Error State
Your Brother printer can be either in the online status or offline. If your printer shows that it is offline then it can be due to the age of the printer or because of a software glitch. To take care of this error just follow these simple steps:
- Open the control panel by searching for it.
- Go to the ‘hardware and sound’ option and open it
- Now click on the View devices and printers option
- Select your printer, right-click on it and select the ‘Set as default printer option’
- Once you have chosen the printer as your default option, right-click on it and select the ‘see what’s printing’ option
- Look at the top left corner and select the printer option
- Remove the checkmark from the pause printing option and select the use printer offline option.
- Reboot your printer and hopefully, you have taken care of the error message.
OR You Can Try For This Steps
The Printer Spooler Service is a mechanism that executes all the commands that are sent from your PC to the printer. If you will restart this service then it will clear all the existing print jobs and will help you start afresh. To restart the service, follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Key in ‘cmd’ from the search box
- When the command prompt appears, right-click on it and run it as an administrator.
- Select the ‘yes’ option
- In the command prompt, type in net stop spooler and hit the enter button
- Once you get the message that the service has stopped, type in net start spooler and hit the enter button
- Once you get the message mentioning that the service has started again, close the command prompt and reboot your system.
Call Brother Printer Technical Support
We are confident that after going through all the steps mentioned above, you will face no issues in solving the Brother Printer error state In Windows 10 issue. However, if you are stuck somewhere or need more assistance then feel free to reach out to us and we will try our level best to help you out.