If you are working with Canon printer, then you already know it is one of the highly recommended brands. The experience with the canon printer is quite smooth and hassle-free. Well, of course, it will provide a fine experience while being a brand new model. But what about the maintenance after using it for some time? Did you leave your printer’s maintenance and cleaning process on its own? Then you should probably hurry up to examine and clean its internal as well as external parts. It does not matter how many beneficial factors a brand offers, machines are destined to show some error at some point. And with canon printer, there has been some report about connectivity problem as well.
However, the connectivity issue is temporary, which suggests you easily fix it, if you encounter the error code by any chance. For you to solve the error code e31, you need to learn about the reason that made it happen in your canon printer. We have analyzed the error code e31 and gathered here all of the reasons behind it. To resolve this error code, you need to follow the given instructions below and apply them on your printer such as:
What are the reasons behind the Canon printer error code e31?
As there can be several reasons for an error to occur in the printer. You need to follow up with the reasons and align them to check if your printer is struggling with the same issue. Each error code in the Canon printer leads to different issues, which is why it is necessary to understand the basic problem. Now let’s see what reasons error code e31 carries with it. Your Canon printer will often face errors and will display the error codes on its LCD monitor. While you are facing this error, you might get anxious about what to do.
But there is nothing to worry about, as these standard errors are most likely to occur in canon printers. Usually, the error code e31 occurs when there is an improper connection between your printer and the system. This means your computer is finding it hard to establish a connection with your printer, and vice versa. While analyzing the error code, it was found that there can be the possibility of failed wireless connection with your printer. This means that sometimes your wireless connection interrupts the printing jobs.
As we have gathered information on what can cause errors to the printer, and why it happens. Now let’s focus on the solutions that can resolve the issue in your printer easily and quickly such as:
What are the methods to apply to error code e31 in Canon printer?
If you have encountered the error code e31, we have brought solutions after researching and analyzing the methods one by one. Here, all you need to do is follow the given steps, and resolve your problem in no time. Let’s see what are the solutions to get rid of the issue, and they are as follows:
Method 1: Checking Security Settings
Follow the instructions according to the step-by-step guidelines:
- The first step would be clicking on the black button given on your Canon printer.
- In case you have recently established the WPS connection, then you should check the security settings. This means that you need to examine if the security setting process has been correctly attempted by you.
- Once you have made sure that everything is attempted correctly, you need to start the process.
- Now check for both the Subnet connection and the IP address. They both are necessary factors for better connectivity.
- Also, there is one factor that is the most important, and that is, keeping your IP address completely simple.
Method 2: Setting Up WPS
If your Canon printer has failed to associate a connection with your PC, then you may struggle with this error. Let’s how WPS can help you re-establish the connection. Follow the instruction given below such as:
- As the first step, it is necessarily suggested that you turn on your printer as usual.
- Now press the Wi-Fi button on your Canon printer and hold it for few seconds. You have to hold the Wi-Fi button until your printer starts flashing your alarm light.
- Once you have attempted it, check for the blue light next to the Wi-Fi button. You need to check if the light is on. This blue light suggests that you can access and click on the WPS connection.
- WPS connection comes under the necessary factor that helps you with a smooth connection.
Method 3: Reconnecting Printer Wires:
If the instructions mentioned in the above lists were unable to help you, then there must be a fault with your printer wires. Let’s see how to fix it by following methods:
- At first, you need to check and make sure if all necessary wires are connected properly.
- While using the wireless connection, you need to ensure if the connection speed or power supply is suitable for your printer.
- If it feels like having an issue with the connectivity, then reset the password, and reconnect it.
Method 4: Updating the Drivers
Sometimes the error occurs in your printer if there is an issue with the printer’s drivers. You can easily update the driver and resolve it without facing any complications. Let’s see how to update it with the following steps such as:
- For starters, you need to open the updated web browser on your PC.
- Now visit the official website of the Canon printer, which will offer the option to download the drivers for your available printer model.
- Once you have located the drivers, you can install them by following the on-screen instructions.
If any of the above methods failed to help you, then you should immediately contact Canon technical support help, as it might be a hardware problem. Otherwise, these methods can easily fix the error code without any complications.