The advanced tech innovations in the printers have made our professional as well as our personal work-life easily manageable. With the best parts, the printers come with disadvantages too. Well, all of the machines are expected to suffer consequences like error codes. You have to deal with these error problems often, as printers display error codes often. If you have faced one of the error codes, and are struggling to find the right solution to resolve it, then you should know some of the basic rules of the printer error codes.
However, these days you will rarely face error codes in your printer, as Canon has added some innovative features to keep the printer in check. One of the basic rules suggests that you should always find out the reasons behind the occurrence of the error code. These error codes are the consequences of the emerging issues in the printer. Whenever your printer detects any fault bothering from inside your printer, it will display the error code or blink the printer’s lights.
These issues usually represent hardware or software problems, which means you have to keep in check with both of them. However, keep in mind that these error codes are common to occur in your printer, there is nothing to panic or worry about. You can easily resolve them by yourself without needing a technician by your side. Let’s find out about the causes of the error code E62.
What are the causes of the error code E62 in your Canon printer?
Finding out the main cause behind the error code will help you resolve the error code easily. Without knowing the cause, you would be blindly applying the solution to the error code, which can create a more problematic situation for your printer. If you have encountered error code E62 for the first time, then you must know that there can be several reasons behind the error code. Behind each error code, you will find a series of issues causing the printer to act up. Sometimes your printer fails to recognize the exact cause of the error code, and then your resolving task becomes more difficult.
For some users, the correction process seems difficult, but each step is easy to attempt while using the resolving method. All you have to do is understand the basics of the printer, and you will be able to deal with your printer in no time. Here, the error code E62 represents one of the common error codes, which is often reported by the users. The error code E62 means that your printer is facing a scan-related problem. When you are scanning a document or printing it, the printer interrupts by making a grinding noise, blinking lights or it just stops working.
Then there is a sign for you to take action immediately and resolve the problem. In this blog, we have mentioned easily understandable steps that are going to help you out of this situation. And if you are someone who is not familiar with the printer parts and have to get back to work on an urgent basis. Then you simply cannot wait for a professional to work on this process. You can try to fix it by yourself with the help of the instructions given below and acquiring the manual guide of the printer. The manual guide will help you recognize what you need to know.
What are the solutions to resolve the error code E62 in the Canon printer?
To resolve the error code E62, you need to follow the step-by-step guidelines according to the suggestions. The process of fixing the error code may intimidate you, but you have to simply follow the steps and accomplish the task of removing the error from your printer. Before you call for a tech expert, you need to try to fix it yourself. Along with examining the scanner in your printer, you need to check on the configuration settings as well, as it is one of the many reasons behind the error code E62. Now that we have discussed all the important parts of the causes and basic rules, you need to follow the steps given below.
Solution 1: Change Printer Settings
- In the first step, you need to press the button (black or colored) given on the printer, which can be easily recognized.
- Then attempt the settings section of the printer, and change the settings according to the correct configuration. Also, try to run the performed procedure once or twice to resolve the error code.
- Now check whether the settings provided in the printer for the scanning function are in the correct figure or not. Once you found the fault, or even if you have any doubt, you should immediately change the scanner settings according to the needed parameters.
- At last, you need to check if the change in scanner settings has removed the error code.
And if you are still facing the error code in your printer, you need to follow the next method to resolve the error code.
Solution 2: Resetting the Printer
- Here, you need to reset your printer if the above steps fail to resolve your problem.
- Start by turning off your printer, and then you need to remove the power cable directly from the power source. Also, make sure that the printer is completely turned off.
- Now you need to reconnect the power cables and cords that you removed from your printer and turn on the printer. Then you need to connect the device to the ethernet cable.
At last, you need to try to print a test document and check if the process has been accomplished without the error code occurrence.