Hulu is one of the best video-streaming platforms that you can use to watch TV shows, movies within its browser or an application. But few users are complaining that they are unable to use the Hulu app on Windows 10 system. If you also have a problem streaming your favorite videos through Windows 10 app, then these potential fixes will help you a lot.
Launch the Windows Store Applications Troubleshooter
If you are unable to run Windows Store applications troubleshooter, pursue the entire directions provided below:
- Invoke Cortana by pressing the ‘Type here to search’ section on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Once launched, input ‘troubleshoot’ in the given section to get the troubleshooting system settings screen.
- Once opened the Troubleshoot screen, click on the Troubleshoot option from the Settings app’s list.
- Choose the ‘Windows Store apps’ option and then hold the ‘Run troubleshooter’ option to invoke the screen.
- Now, you can continue via the troubleshooter’s recommended solves, whether it gives any.
Reinstall the Hulu App
If you are unable to reinstall the Hulu app, pursue the entire directions provided below:
- Go to the Cortana search section on your system and open it.
- Then input ‘apps’ into it and press the Enter button to invoke the ‘Apps & features’ screen.
- Once it’s invoked, choose the Hulu application and click on the Uninstall button.
- Later, launch the official Microsoft Store page in the web browser.
- Finally, hold the Get button to reinstall the Hulu Windows 10 application.
If you are unable to turn off DRM, please pursue the entire directions provided below:
- To disable the DRM, launch the Hulu application on your device.
- After that, select the Settings option and then the gear button.
- Now, switch the toggle of SW DRM to disable it.
Shut the Background Software
If you are unable to shut the background software, pursue the entire directions provided below:
- Go to the taskbar and right-click on it, then choose the Task Manager option over the context menu.
- After that, choose the listed beneath the apps and select the ‘End Task’ option to shut it.
- A few third-party programs might also be shown beneath the background procedures alone. So, have a look for programs underneath background procedures and shut listed software there.
- If you cannot shut the antivirus tool through the ‘Processes’ button, select the ‘Start-up’ button.
- You should choose the antivirus tool over the Start-up button and hold the Disable option. That will delete the antivirus program through the Windows start-up.
- Finally, reboot the Windows and perform Hulu.
Update the Hulu Application
If you are unable to update the Hulu app, pursue the entire directions provided below:
- First, select the shortcut icon of Microsoft Store over the Start menu to invoke that application.
- Afterward, select the (See more) option at the upper right side of the screen.
- You should click on the ‘Downloads and updates’ option to invoke the recent application updates list.
- After that, select the ‘Get updates’ option to check for updates.
- Now, the Hulu application might download automatically.
Temporarily Disable Windows Defender Firewall
If you are unable to disable Windows Defender Firewall temporarily, pursue the entire directions provided below:
- Navigate to the Cortana section and invoke it on the system.
- After that, input ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ into it and hit the OK button.
- You should select the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ to invoke the Control Panel settings.
- Go to the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ to change the firewall settings.
- Then choose both ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ options and then hit the OK button.
- Finally, launch the Hulu application and attempt playing a video stream.
Turn off Other Wi-Fi Devices
If you have sufficient bandwidth, other Wi-Fi device users can have a lot of load on Hulu video streams. So, keep in mind that no other Wi-Fi is on when you are using Hulu.
At last, the Hulu app not working on Windows 10 is widely prevalent these days. But, these fixes mentioned above will help you a lot.
Read official Blog Post – How to Fix Hulu Windows 10 App not Working