Skype is a hub of video and voice calling lovers that are the giant in the world of messaging. Skype provides enhanced quality video calling features to its users. It can be operated on any of the available devices, be it a smartwatch, tablet, iOS smartphone, Windows, or android. Some users reported various problems while communicating on Skype app. Unlike other applications, it also gives users the ability to make video conferencing calls on various platforms.
Reasons for Audio Not Working Issues on Skype
There are various reasons for arising this error code while connecting to other users on Skype.
There are various reasons for arising this error issue, and the possible reason is due to the headphone mic problem or internal system error.
- Audio is not adjusted properly: Skype has the built-in audio manager tool that adjusts the voice levels, but if it fails to perform smoothly, then turn Off the feature and activate it again.
- Breaking Audio Calls while Calling: It might due to some applications running in your device background. Additionally, try switching to another network and check that the issue is resolved.
- Skype Audio Output Not Performing Properly: If the issue persists, you will be required to check that your playback setups. Then, ensure that your headphones and speakers are adjusted to an audio device as default.
- Distorted Skype Audio: This issue occurs just because of network connection problems. Make sure to have a stable and fast network.
Get the Speakers and Microphone Configured
- First of all, hit the Skype app icon to launch.
- Then, navigate to the Tools section and then hit the Options tab.
- Go to the panel of Audio Settings.
- Make sure that your speakers and Microphone are adjusted properly. One can check the stability and voice system of microphones and speakers both. Configure them properly to make it function well.
- Finally, hit the Save option there.
Note: In some cases, the default audio speakers are changed to something else after performing an update. Therefore, check that the audio gadget is properly configured and administered correctly, permitting all the commands.
Applying Default Driver of Microsoft
- First of all, hit the Window logo and X tab at one go to launch the Power User menu option.
- Then hit the option Device Manager there. It will appear via the listing on your screen.
- Once the Device Manager window launches, go to the Audio device section and apply right-click on it.
- Then, select the option “Uninstall.”
- Now, check the driver software for the device on which you are working and hit the Uninstall button there.
- Once you have removed the particular driver, the final step is Rebooting. It will save the adjustments made by you.
- Once the system rebooted successfully, the driver will automatically install it on your machine after fixing various glitches.
Managing Microphone Set-Ups
- Go to the audio icon and then right-click on it. The option will be located at the Taskbar.
- Then, select the option “Recording Devices” by navigating the menu option.
- Search the Microphone option and apply double-tap to expand its related features and properties.
- Now, hit the tab “Advanced” and ensure that the elusive controls option is not active.
- Then, hit the Apply option and tap on Ok.
Upgrading Sound Drivers
One can install the recent edition of the audio driver from two different ways:
Through Motherboard and Manual set up process
Visiting Manufacturing Site of Sound Card
It is requested to the users to keep the sound card or driver up to date to avoid any sound issues on your device. Installing the latest edition of audio drivers removes multiple errors from your device.
Select the most recent and updated version of your audio card and install it on your device, but keep in mind to remove all the corrupted audio drivers and sound cards.
Various drivers especially crash while running on Skype and flashes error issues. One such issue creating driver is “Realtek,” if you are also facing issues with this driver, it is recommended to use any other driver for your device.
There are many types of the driver available online; you can purchase the same by visiting their respective websites.
Daisy Martin arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.