0x8024402c error code is one of the several Windows Update errors that users may face when the Windows operating system cannot search or access the latest updates. When this error occurs, users normally have a challenging experience updating their OS. Although this issue is typical among Windows 10 devices, other Windows systems may also face it. If you are suffering from the same error, then here are some instructions mentioned below.
Fix Proxy Problems
To fix proxy problems, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- Navigate to the Cortana section on your system.
- Thereafter, input ‘Internet Options’ into it and hit the Enter key to invoke the Internet Properties screen.
- You should reach the tab of Connections and click on the LAN settings option.
- Then mark the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” box.
- Go to the ‘Advanced tab’ and click on it.
- You should remove the whole thing in the section of “Do not use a proxy server for addresses beginning with.”
- Later, hit the OK button to apply the changes.
Modify DNS Servers to Solve the Error
To modify DNS servers to solve the issue, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- Firstly, launch the Run accessory by holding Win and R hotkeys simultaneously over the keyboard.
- Thereafter, input ‘ncpa.cpl’ into it and hit the OK button.
- After launching the ‘Internet Connection’ screen, select the active Network Adapter, then twice click on it.
- Then click on the Properties option.
- Go to theInternet Protocol Version 4′ option and twice click on it.
- Later, find the DNS server addresses and adjust:
- Alternate DNS server to be 126.96.36.199
- The preferred DNS server to be 188.8.131.52
- Now, attempt to install the update.
Turn off Windows Defender Firewall Temporarily
To turn off Windows Defender Firewall temporarily, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- In the Windows Search bar, input ‘Firewall.cpl’ in it, then hit the Enter key to open the Windows Defender Firewall screen.
- You should click on the option of “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off.”
- Underneath the ‘Private Network Settings’ section and click on the “Turn off Windows firewall” option.
- Then redo this process once again for the ‘Public Network Settings’ option.
- Now, hit the OK button to apply the changes.
Clear Junk Files
To clear junk files, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- Navigate to the Windows Search bar on the system.
- Afterward, input ‘cmd’ in it and hit the Enter key to open the Command Prompt.
- Once it opens, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, input ‘cleanmgr’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- You have to wait until the tool scans your PC.
- Once you have done, hit the OK button to remove every junk file.
Turn on Automatic Settings Detection
To turn on automatic settings detection, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- Reach the Windows Search bar and type ‘Internet Options,’ and hit the Enter key.
- Then select the tab of Connections and click on the LAN Settings option.
- Go to the Local Area Network (LAN) settings screen and tick the “Automatically detect settings” box.
- Now, hit the OK button.
Use Windows Updates Troubleshooter
To use Windows updates troubleshooter, pursue these on-screen directions mentioned below:
- Reach the Windows icon and click on it to open the menu.
- Then click on the Settings option.
- Navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ option and click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, hit the Windows Update button and click on Run the troubleshooter.