Have you just bought a new iPhone or iPad and want to print any documents stored on them? Apple is best known for providing excellent products and services to millions of people all over the world.
iPhones and iPads have always been the most popular and commonly used Apple devices. All of the devices of this company come with various marvelous features and options that anyone can easily access to have the best experience.
Using any iOS device for performing any task is also pretty easy and convenient for anyone. These days, iPhones and iPads have become a great alternative to computers and laptops because they are easy to carry anywhere. Whether you want to stream any videos for entertainment or need to do any office project, you can do everything on your iPhones and iPads.
And if you want to print any documents from your iOS device, you can do so with much ease. If you are a new user of an iPhone or iPad, then you might be wondering what you will need to do to print from your iOS device. If this is in your mind, you have come to the right place then.
You will know how you can do any printing work from your iPhone or iPad through the following article. For this purpose, we will provide you with a method here that you will need to follow. So, have a look at this entire post to get complete information.
All About Printing from iPhone or iPad (With and Without AirPrint)
AirPrint is the easiest and convenient way to do printing work from iPhones and iPads. It is an Apple protocol that is built into iOS and also many printing devices on the market. Apple AirPrint is a technology that enables users to print anything wirelessly, which means there is no need to install any additional drivers on your devices.
Many native Apple apps support this technology, including Mail, Safari, Notes, Maps, Adobe Acrobat, and many others. Also, you need to know that AirPrint has its own set of requirements that includes owning a supported printer.
When this technology was launched for the first time, only selected HP printers were compatible. And now, many manufacturers are making AirPrint-supported products.
So, if you own an AirPrint-supported printer and want to print from your iPhone and iPad, you need to follow the method we will mention here. Now, let’s see what you will need to do to perform this task.
Instructions to Print from an iPhone or iPad with Apple AirPrint
Here are the steps that you will need to follow to print from your iPhone or iPad using the AirPrint-supported printer:
Also, before proceeding with the method, you will have to make sure that your iOS device and AirPrint-supported printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- To get started, you will have to open the file on your iOS device that you would like to print.
- After opening the file, you need to tap on the ellipsis icon (three horizontal dots) located on the top-right corner of your device screen.
- Now, a drop-down menu will appear on your screen. Here, you will need to choose the option of “Print.”
- After this, you will be able to see a print menu with various options on your screen. To add your printer, you will now tap on the “Printer” button and select the one you want to use.
- Also, you can change the settings to print, such as the number of copies, color options, and more.
- And once you are satisfied with the settings, tap on the blue “Print” button given on the top-right corner of the screen.
- And that’s it. The selected document will now start to print, and you can get the copy from your printing device.
Steps to Print from iPhone or iPad Without AirPrint
If your printer doesn’t support AirPrint technology, you need to follow the given steps to print documents stored on your iPhone or iPad:
- Firstly, you will have to download and install the official app of your printing device on your iPhone or iPad. For instance, if you own an HP printer, you will download the HP Smart app.
- After the app gets downloaded, you need to launch it. And then move to the “View and Print” section located in the navigation bar below.
- Now, select the type of file you would like to print. If you want to publish any image stored on your iOS device, tap on “My Photos.”
- You can also print any documents directly from your Google Drive, Dropbox, or other cloud storage platforms.
- After selecting the file type, go to the File Manager on your device and tap on the file.
- Open the file by tapping on the “Open” button, after which a print preview of the document will become visible on your screen.
- You will now have to tap on the “Print” button at the bottom. A print menu will now pop up on your screen with some options that you can use to adjust the print settings.
- At last, tap on the blue “Print” button at the bottom of the screen. And that’s it. Now, the document will start to print without AirPrint technology.
So, now you know how you can print from your iPhone or iPad with and without AirPrint technology. And this is it for now. Keep following us by visiting our official website.
Read Official Blog Post – How to Print From Your iPhone or iPad (With and Without AirPrint)