Rebranding the logo is a crucial step in the development of each entrepreneurial business. It consists of several items, namely:
- changing the direct brand itself;
- reworking the corporate identity of the company, which includes not only the logo but also the slogan of the company, visual design, and positioning.
An essential factor in the rebranding process is a change in the overall brand concept since the process implies any changes in the operation of the enterprise. Concepts such as repositioning and restyling are only components of the rebranding process.
Why is Rebranding Necessary?
Changing the logo is a risky bet for a brand, which can nevertheless prove to be a winner! Change of positioning, deployment of a new offer, crisis management, there are plenty of reasons for rebranding. Sometimes, a business ceases to be successful, the values of the company become obsolete, or the business is divided into several smaller ones, each of which goes its way. Let’s consider the most prominent reasons for rebranding.
- The company begins to function in a completely different direction, changing the nature of its activities. For instance, you own a hairdressing salon, but you have an idea to turn it into a real beauty center with the services of massage therapists, tattoo artists, makeup specialists, and all that jazz. As a result, the company needs to rebrand.
- The company suffered serious reputational losses. Sometimes rebranding is the only way to stay afloat. Nowadays, reputation means almost more than shares.
- Your company is required to perform entirely new tasks. Let's say you decide to drastically increase your sales, but with the old concept, it becomes impossible. You have to completely rework the idea of your business. You need to refocus on a new audience by presenting the case to people from a completely new angle.
- Your company has a competitor that offers something more interesting for your target audience. Sooner or later, inaction will lead to the fact that your company will simply become uninteresting to people. Changing the concept is a classic situation in any market since this is what drives progress as well as makes entrepreneurs develop.
- The organization is outdated. It happens quite often, no matter how stunning your success was in the prime of your career. If you figure out that the image of the enterprise is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past, you need to think about rebranding. Is the brand no longer fulfilling its tasks with its former zeal? We begin to “repair” it.
Brand (logo) renewal is a factor faced not only by local entrepreneurs but even global brands. The most important thing is not to be afraid of it and understand every detail of it well.
How to Rebrand in 2022: Logo Design Tips
Rebranding should start with finding out why it was needed. Next, you need to perform a market analysis to determine your target audience and their needs. Then it will not be superfluous to study the competitors. After learning everything about the market you are working in, you can move on to the main stage. This can be not only a rebranding of the logo but also the creation of a new image of the brand as a whole, with a new message and a brand-new mission.
Rebranding a logo may require a lot of financial and time costs, so you should approach the process with full responsibility. It is best to immediately inform the team of all your plans. Whether you decide to do a complete overhaul of your branding or simply create a logo for your new business, let's take a closer look at the trends that are expected to be popular during 2022.
The use of geometric shapes is still trendy in 2022. Indeed, there is much more than circles and rectangles that you can use when creating your logo. Think of little-used shapes like rhombuses, octagons, or diamonds. You can also use an assembly of different geometric shapes to create a strong and recognizable emblem.
One of the main trends of the last few years is to have a simple and minimalist logo. This is why so many companies redesign their logo by eliminating many details. In addition to creating a logo that is easier to use on the web, it is then more versatile.
Gradients with 3D Effect
One of the biggest trends in 2022 when it comes to logo design is the use of gradients to create 3D effects. The usage of gradients has been popular for a few years already, especially since the arrival of the current Instagram logo. However, this time the trend is to use colors to create depth effects or shadows.
Whether you choose to do a signature or monogram logo, the name of the company is often put forward. One of the logo trends of 2022 is the letter play. For instance, you can use different fonts for effect, layering, or play with letter spacing
If you have to create a logo in 2022, it is essential that it be versatile. More specifically, this means that you must be able to use it as much on the web as on clothing or printed documents.
The Bottom Line
Trends are there to give you some great ideas, but remember that your main source of inspiration should remain your company, your products, and your values. Here's how you can create a timeless and representative logo.