Experiencing error code 361 when working on QuickBooks? Well, this error can be experienced due to some or other reason. This particular error might restrict the user from performing various financial operations. This error can prohibit you from using some of the more advanced & enhanced advanced & enhanced features. The QuickBooks error code 361 is basically a runtime error that can be experienced when the software crashes while running. To learn more about such an error in QuickBooks, make sure to read the post till the end, or you can also connect with our tech support professionals at +1(844)405-0907 and ask our experts to help you in eliminating the issue on your behalf.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 361?
The following can be the factors causing such an error in QuickBooks:
- One of the basic reasons can be a corrupted download of QuickBooks software.
- Another trigger can be an incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- In case the windows registry files are damaged then such an error can be seen
- Or if there is any virus or malware infection
- The user can also face a similar issue if another program or application mistakenly deleted the QuickBooks-related files.
Steps to rectify QuickBooks Error 361
The user can try to repair the registry entries associated with QB Error 361 to get rid of the issue permanently. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The first step is to press the start tab
- Now enter the command prompt
- Also avoid hitting enter tab
- Now press and hold ctrl + shift tab
- Hit the enter tab
- This will open up a permission dialog box on the screen
- Where the user needs to hit the yes tab
- This will open up a command prompt on the screen
- Now, enter regedit and also hit enter tab
- In the registry editor tab, the user needs to go for the error 361 related key
- After that choose export icon in the export range tab
- Once done with that, select the folder where you wish to save the backup file in the save in list
- Enter a name for the backup file
- And in the export range box ensure that the selected branch is opted
- Now click on save tab
- Also, save the .reg file extension
- This will give you the backup of the file
Also Read: QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 175305
After reading the steps above, it is believed that the user might be able to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 361 using the set of steps discussed above. However, if you come across a similar issue again even after performing the steps above, then contacting our QuickBooks tech support at +1(844)405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing instant support services.