Windows devices, especially Windows 10 systems, often have issues that people report in online forums. These problems differ from errors, application malfunctions, or failure. Numerous users are complaining that when they are launching a New Tab, a link is clicked every time their MS Edge browser issues. This is why several users want to prevent Microsoft Edge from launching a New Tab every time a link is clicked. If you are one of those who suffer the same issue, then here are some steps below.
Modify the New Tab Layout on MS Edge
To modify the new tab layout on MS Edge, follow these on-screen instructions given below:
- Launch the browser on your system.
- After that, reach the menu by selecting those vertical ellipsis menu icons over the screen’s right side.
- You should click on the Settings option.
- Then choose the page ‘New tab.’
- Later, click on the Customize option.
- Now, pick the fresh page layout.
- Afterward, hit the Advanced button.
- You should utilize the pull-down of ‘Language & content.’
- Finally, choose the language and region of the content you will view over the fresh tab.
Set Custom Layout on MS Edge
To set custom layout on MS Edge, follow these on-screen instructions given below:
- Launch the MS Edge browser and reach those fresh tab page settings.
- Then click on the Customize button.
- You should pick ‘Custom option’ and enable or disable the ‘Show quick links switch’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Image of the day’ option.
- From the Content pull-down menu, then modify how news can show.
Run a Clean Boot
To run a clean boot, follow these on-screen instructions given below:
- To launch the Run accessory, hit the Win and R keys simultaneously over the keyboard.
- Afterward, insert ‘MSConfig’ into it and hit the OK button.
- After launching the screen, click on the tab of General.
- You should select the chosen Startup and ensure to tick the ‘Load startup items’ and ‘Load system service’ options.
- Navigate to the Services option and click on it.
- You should mark the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ box.
- Later, select the ‘Disable all’ button.
- Reach the tab of Startup and choose the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- You have to turn off all the unwanted apps.
- Now, hit the OK button to apply the changes.
Perform a Troubleshooter
To perform a troubleshooter, follow these on-screen instructions given below:
- Navigate to the Settings app and click on it.
- You should click on the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Then select the Troubleshoot option from the left-hand side options.
- Otherwise, each troubleshooter option is shown, hit the ‘Additional Troubleshooters’ option.
- You should click on the ‘Windows Store Apps’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Run troubleshooter’ option.
Reset Settings to Standard
To reset settings to standard, follow these on-screen instructions given below:
- Firstly, open the MS Edge on the system.
- Afterward, select the Gear symbol to customize.
- You should locate the ‘Reset Settings’ option over the tab of Settings.
- Then click on the ‘Reset to default settings’ option.
- Now, verify by hitting the Reset button.