PS4 is one of the best gaming consoles on this platform, given Sony Interactive Entertainment. There are a number of game collections, and it has support for internet connectivity. If your PS4 has sufficient space and you would like an external hard drive to add it, follow this article; it will help you out.
How to Attach the External Hard Drive to the PlayStation 4?
If you are attaching the external hard drive on the PS4 but don’t know how to do it? Execute the complete method explained below:
- Firstly, attach the drive to the USB 3.0 ports.
- After that, reach the settings of the PS4 option.
- You should click on the Devices option.
- Go to the USB Storage Devices option.
- You have to hold the button X to choose the ‘USB storage device.’
- Navigate to the ‘Format as Extended Storage’ option.
- Then click on the Next button, then select the Yes option.
- Later, you have to wait to finish the formatting procedure.
- Now, click on the OK button once you successfully format.
How to Modify the App Installation Location on PlayStation 4?
If you are unable to modify the app installation location on PlayStation 4, then you must go through the effective guidelines provided below:
- Navigate to the settings of PS4.
- Thereafter, go to the Storage option.
- You should hold the OPTIONS button.
- Go to the Extended Storage option.
- You have to choose the ‘Application Install Location’ option.
- Then select the Extended Storage option.
How to Move Apps to the External Hard Drive on PlayStation 4?
To move applications to the external hard drive on PlayStation 4, proceed with the quick steps provided below:
- Navigate to the settings of PS4 and click on it.
- Then reach the Storage option and select it.
- Choose the storage wherever those apps are recently situated. Usually, the System Storage then picks the Applications option.
- After that, hold the OPTIONS button, then choose the Move to Extended Storage option.
- You should choose the apps you would like to move, or choose the ‘Select All’ option to pick each app with a single click.
- Later, go to the Move option.
- Now, click on the OK button to verify.
How to Select the Location for Installed Games on PlayStation 4?
If you don’t have any idea about selecting the location for installed games on PlayStation 4, then don’t worry; here is the complete process provided below:
- First, you have to select the Setting option on your device.
- Thereafter, click on the Storage option on the controller to see the new menu.
- Then, tap on the ‘Application Install Location’ option and adjust it to the ‘Extend Storage’ option.
- Now, it will configure the external drive as the standard save location.
How to Move Games between Storage Locations on PlayStation 4?
In order to move games between storage locations on PlayStation 4, go through the whole process stated below:
- First, reach the Settings option and choose it.
- Afterward, pick the Storage option and choose the device that includes the game you wish to relocate.
- Then, select the ‘Applications’ option using the data types.
- After that, hit the ‘Options’ button on the controller and choose the ‘Move to Extended Storage’ option.
- Now, look at all the games you wish to move, select the Move option, and verify.