When you step out, what items do you essentially add to your bag? Debit Card, mobile phone, and home keys are the three most common things people require. So, no cash? Debit Card has largely replaced the need to carry physical money. Any transaction you want to make is possible through your Debit Card.
The Debit Card has simplified life. It can be used anywhere, anytime. You can also use your card internationally. However, charges are levied for it. If you make an in-person transaction, you only need to swipe or tap your Debit Card. You also need to enter your PIN to complete the transfer. Alternatively, you can make an online transaction with your Debit Card. If you have not used your card online earlier and wish to get started, this guide should help you.
Using Debit Cards for online transactions
- Suppose you shop for the upcoming festive season on a leading e-commerce website. You can apply for Debit Card online and use it to buy your favourite products. Just add the products to the cart and proceed to pay.
- When the payment portal opens your screen, you find different payment modes, like Debit or Credit Card, Digital Wallets, etc. You need to select the Debit Card option here.
- Once done, the screen prompts you to choose the type of card you hold. Debit Cards can be Visa or Mastercard.
- Enter your card details like name, card number, and card expiry date.
- Many portals require you to feed in your card number twice. This is done to ensure accuracy. Make sure you enter the card number correctly; otherwise, it shows an error and prevents you from proceeding further.
- Then, enter your CVV number. This number is found on your card's back and should always be confidential.
- The portal may also prompt you to enter your PIN if you have set one. You can easily set a PIN by visiting the nearest bank ATM or Banking app. The PIN acts as a security checkpoint for all your transactions.
- Once all details are added accurately, hit the ‘Pay Now' button. On doing so, your payment request is done instantly. Do not close the window unless the entire transaction is complete.
- You are notified on your registered mobile number and email when the payment is successfully completed. You also receive an alert of debit of funds from your Savings Account. This helps you stay updated on the transactions made.