Google is renowned worldwide as the brand provides numerous handy applications and platforms. Recently Google expanded its venture from Chrome application to separate applications like YouTube Music, Google Photos, Google Maps. Moreover, all these applications are a great hit as they are all the most used application on the Play Store or App Store. Now, Google has enhanced the Google Drive, and it can be used as a progressive app. Want to know how? Here is everything you need to know:
How to Install Google Drives Progressive Web Application
Downloading and installing the Progressive Web Application is not difficult. You don’t need to download something, and it takes a few moments to settings up.
Here is how to install Google Drive Progressive Web Application:-
- Launch the Google Chrome application.
- Navigate your cursor on the top of the screen where you see a plus sign (+) at the right of the address bar.
- If you cannot see the plus sign on your computer screen, then you can install Progressive Web Application from the Setting menu.
- Tap on the three-dot that appears on the right of the Computer screen.
- Now choose Install Google Drive from the application list.
- A popup will appear on your screen that asks you, if you want to install the application, then tap on Install.
- After this process, your Google drive Progressive Web Application will be Install; it takes a few moments to download and install the application.
How to use Google Drive Progressive Web Application
After installing the application on your device, open it on a new window. The Progressive Web Application is a website that has several features like Traditional application, notification, offline support and background sync.
You can start the Google Drive Progressive Web Application directly from your PC by double-clicking on the Drive icon.
After the application starts, you will see Google Drive homepage. When you move your cursor around the Progressive Web Application, it will look identical to the website and you can browse anything here.
Upload Files and Folder
Here are steps on how to upload files and folder in Google Drive Progressive Web Application:-
- Launch the application on your device.
- Tap on the New to upload your folder or file shown on the top left corner.
- Here you can choose the files and folder from your computer storage into Progressive Web Application
How to upload into Google Drive.
When your file or folder is uploaded, double-click on the file or folder to open.
Drive can show some files in Progressive Web Application or start a new Google Chrome tab. here you can preview Microsoft file in ( MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS word) for image (PNG and JPEG etc.)
Although Google suit file opened as Google Sheet, Google Docs, Google Drawing and Google Slides).
How to Create Download Links for sharing files
If you wish to share something, then you can create a link for those files that stored in your Google drive.
Follow the steps to create a shareable download link:-
- Move your cursor to the file or folder that you want to share.
- Right-tap on it and choose “Get Shareable Link.”
- The link is automatically copied to your clipboard. You can paste the link in the email to send it to anyone and anywhere.
- If you want to share these files to a few or particular person, right tap on it and tap “Share.”
- In the next window, type the name of the person that you want to share the file.
- Also, choose the permission that you want to share with and Hit “Done” icon.
Kellie Minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.