There is no doubt that HomePod and HomePod Mini is a convenient and smart speaker provided by Apple to fill your room with high quality and excellent sound. It works as a smart home speaker and can be easily used with Siri Virtual Assistant. You can receive calls right from your iPhone and perform several tasks using HomePod. When it comes to listening to music, Siri is there to control your music library that can easily access your favorite music from a large music catalog. To activate and request Siri for launching or performing a particular task, you need to say “Hey Siri” followed by your query or task like “Hey Siri, play the recently used music track.”
If you want to use Siri to control your HomePod or HomePod Mini for listening to your favorite music, then follow these quick steps:
Searching Songs via Siri on your HomePod and HomePod Mini
Most users don’t know that Siri can also find the latest and newest single music track from an extensive list of songs related to a particular artist. You can also use Siri to search for your favorite songs based on lyrics. Here, we have concluded some points to let you know what Siri can do for you:
- You have to give a particular command what you want the Siri to launch or play like “Hey Siri, play Stairway to Heaven.”
- In case you are trying to play a song with the name in common with more than one songs, then you need to add the artist’s name in your command like:
“Hey Siri, play the latest single by Cardi B.”
- You can also use lyrics to search for a particular song of which you may not know the name. You need to type your command like, “Hey Siri, play the song that goes ‘it’s pulling me back to Earth.”
- You need to deliver your command or ask Siri a question, followed by the word “Hey Siri.”
- Finding music using Siri works well. You have to ask your query or command as per the thing you want on your screen.
Searching Albums and Artists Using Siri Over HomePod and HomePod Mini
Siri provides a feature to play your desired album by simply asking Siri to do the same. You can also search for the newest or recently released album or an older one on your device by requesting Siri to do the same.
Here are a few examples on how to search your desired artist or albums using Siri:
- If you want to play the particular song by Kings of Leon, then you need to command Siri, “Hey Siri, play Walls by Kings of Leon.”
- In case you like Siri to play an album for you, then request or command Siri like “Hey Siri, play the recent album of Post Malone.”
- If you like to play the top album, you need to say the top album in your command.
- You can easily play an album shuffled by making a request or command to Siri for playing the same. You need to say, “Hey Siri, play Walls by Kings of Leon Shuffled. Siri will then launch the asking album on your screen and play it.
Searching for Playlist and Stations with Siri on your HomePod and HomePod Mini
Apple Music provides several radio stations, playlists, and songs that can easily help you search for large quantities of music from a particular decade, genres, and even certain tasks. Siri can easily create radio stations and popular music tracks depend on the music band you prefer.
Below are some examples of how Siri can help you in playing a particular playlist and radio stations on your smart speaker. Follow all the mentioned steps:
- If you want to play songs of the ’70s, you need to deliver commands related to playing the music of the 70s.
- In case you desire to make a particular radio station for Coldplay, you have to request something like “Hey Siri, create a radio station for Coldplay.”
- You can also ask for creating stations for your song, running music, etc. In case you know the complete name of a particular playlist or soundtrack, you must want to play the same. To do so, you need to request Siri to play your favorite music or track.
If you know how to use Siri on your HomePod, go ahead, activate Siri by saying “Hey, Siri,” followed by your commands like your favorite music of the 70s, latest soundtrack, and album.
Source: How to Use Siri to Find and Listen to Apple Music on HomePod and HomePod Mini?