How Will You Clean Stamped Concrete?
Stamped concrete is easy to maintain and a remarkable choice for patios, walkways, pool decks, driveways, etc. Here are some suggestions for maintenance and how can you keep the stamped concrete clean for 25 years or more.
How To Clean The Stains On Stamped Concrete?
Here are some tips on how can you clean different types of stains on stamped concrete.
- Water Stains – Under the Plotted plants the water stains are trapped and those can be treated by scrubbing with the help of mild dish soap and water. You can also clean it with the help of dry detergents sprinkled and let it sit for 10 minutes, it will work to clean all the tough stains in the stamped concrete.
- Oils And Grease – If there are any stains of oils or grease on the stamped concrete then you can clean and scrub it with a mixture of dish soap and water.
- Rust – If there are any rust stains on the stamped concrete then you can clean it with the help of distilled white vinegar and let it soak for a few hours and lastly scrub and rinse it.
- Mildews – You can also use the mildewcide recipe by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. You will have to take 1 quart of chlorine bleach, 3 quarts of water, and ⅓ cup of laundry detergent to fight the stains of mildews. Then scrub the place, let it sit but don’t let it dry, and lastly rinse it. But it is recommended not to use bleach on the stamped concretes.
Maintenance Of Stamped Concrete
Unlike bricks and stones, stamped concrete does not accumulate dirt and water as they are flat and continuous. But cleaning and maintaining the concrete is a good idea as traffic and elements can damage it.
Cleaning Stamped Concrete – You can clean them at least twice a year or as needed. The cleaning span depends on the amount of congestion it gets and other components. After and before winter cleaning is very important because the salt and chemicals from the road get stuck in your car.
- Wash the area with a garden hose at high pressure.
- Then with a push broom apply an amount of dish soap.
- Then rinse thoroughly.
Resealing Stamped Concrete – Resealing is important to do every 2-3 years with a good sealer. It will help to protect from stains and damage and also keep the color vibrant and patterns intact. The stamped concretes like excess UV rays, heavier traffic than normal, frequent freeze, etc., will need more often resealing than others.
After reading this you have got some idea of how can you clean and maintain the stamped concrete. So it is essential to clean them frequently and reseal is also important if you want to keep the stamped concrete for more than 25 years without changing them.