Disclaimer: This is a user generated content submitted by a member of the WriteUpCafe Community. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of WriteUpCafe. If you have any complaints regarding this post kindly report it to us.
- An Ethernet or wired connection provides a way to connect your 123.hp.com/setup network printer.
- An Ethernet port is a port that Ethernet cables plug into your computer or network router.
- Alternatively, these ports are called jacks or sockets.
- Most computers are connected to a wired network by one built-in Ethernet port.
- Ethernet cables differ from the phone cables that we normally use. The connectors differ.
- A wider and thicker Ethernet cable connector. It has 8 contacts, and there are 2 to 6 contacts with a telephone connector.
- Make sure you use the CAT-5 cable to establish the wired connection of your 123 hp com setup printer.
123hpcom Printer Ethernet Connection
- The following installation method is for 123.hp.com/setup printers with wired networking capabilities.
- Ensures you have an Ethernet cable on your 123.hp.com printer model and supports wired network connections.
- When selecting a connection type during installation, make sure you select the Wired Network or Ethernet option.
- You need:
- A network router.
- A switch or hub with available Ethernet ports is required if the router does not have any free ports.
- Note: The 123 hp com setup Printer cartridges that come with your printer should be installed at the beginning of the ink cartridge.
- An Ethernet cable, a standard telephone cable must not be used.