Image optimization is, it includes creating an image with high quality, size, and resolution and in ideal format which helps to increase engagement. SEO for image will actually help search engine understand better about your website and the content in it and also you get more exposure in image search result. Good SEO for image ensures your audience to find you quickly online and also on several platforms. Image optimization is the best way to be on the top position on SERPs. SEO for image improves your position in search engine result and as a result it attracts more visitors to your website.
Here are some essential image optimization tips for you –
1) Optimize the name of image file – It is important to use relevant name of the file and include target keywords at the beginning and separate them with hyphens. Never use underscores because search engine doesn’t recognize it and the file name should be very clear and easy to understand everyone.
2) Make a use of ALT tags – Viewers will understand what kind of image it is, but search engine spider won’t, so they rely on alt tags to determine what is being depicted. All the images on your website should have unique alt tags which describes them and should include relevant keywords to it. Benefit of alt tag is it add SEO value to your website and help you rank better in search engine. You can learn more about Image optimization at Digital Marketing Classes in Pune.
4) Optimize your thumbnail – Thumbnail are the first impression to your image, so it should be unique and catchy. Make your thumbnail size as small as possible but without change in a quality of image.
5) Make sure that your text complements the image – The text should be as relevant as your image and must have enough information to explain the image.
6) Use site maps – The benefit of image sitemaps is; it will get your image noticed by google. Web crawlers can’t crawl image that are not called out specifically in the webpages source code and if you want crawler to know about it then you must list their location in an image sitemap. Including image sitemaps will get indexed by google and it is a positive step towards image SEO. Thus, enroll yourself today in Digital Marketing Training in Pimpri Chinchwad to have a safe and successful business.
7) Compress images – Search engine ranking is based on several factors and one of the factor is page load time. The larger the image file, longer the load timing of your website. It is important to keep the image size minimum as possible without change in a quality because if your load timing increases user will get frustrated and leave before they see your content and this may suffer ranking and conversion rates.
To conclude, start optimizing your images for SEO because the benefits of SEO are worth the efforts. So as you optimize your content for internet also consider SEO for images.