Magento 2 duplicate category extension works by allowing users to create duplicate copies of existing categories with all the associated attributes and properties. This can save a lot of time and effort for store owners who want to create similar categories with minor differences.
Here are the basic steps involved in using a Magento 2 duplicate category extension:
- Install and activate the Magento 2 duplicate category extension in your store.
- Navigate to the category you want to duplicate and select “Duplicate Category” from the context menu or from the extension's interface.
- In the duplication form, you can choose to duplicate the category and its subcategories or only the category without its subcategories.
- You can also choose to change the name, URL key, meta title, meta description, and other attributes of the duplicated category.
- After making the necessary changes, click on the “Duplicate” button to create a copy of the category.
The extension will then create a duplicate category with all the same attributes and properties as the original, including any products, images, and descriptions that were associated with the original category. The duplicated category will have a unique ID, URL key, and other attributes, allowing you to make changes to it without affecting the original category.
Overall, the Magento 2 duplicate category extension simplifies the process of creating new categories, saving time and effort for store owners and administrators.