It doesn’t feel worth it when you invest in an expensive device, but it only works with the brand associated with it. What other options do you have? You’ll have to purchase a separate device for other gadgets.
Investing in different devices for different gadgets is not a good investment. AirPods and AirPods Pro have gained a lot of popularity as wireless headphones launched by Apple. Therefore, Apple’s AirPods wouldn’t disappoint you with the same. You’re thinking it right. AirPods do not only work with Apple devices, but they can be connected with various devices like Windows PC, Android devices, etc.
What is it that makes the connection so smooth? Well, Bluetooth has a considerable role to play when it comes to connecting two different devices or gadgets. Do you want to know more about how it works? Below is a guide on connecting AirPods with a Windows PC. Read along, and you can easily connect your headphones to other devices using Bluetooth connection.
How to Connect AirPods to Windows PC?
Make sure your desktop or PC supports Bluetooth. If not, you can also connect a Bluetooth dongle to its USB port. The steps to connect AirPods to your Windows PC are:
- Open the ‘Start’ menu on your Windows and search for ‘Bluetooth’ in the search bar.
- Tap on ‘Bluetooth and other devices settings’ option.
- The Bluetooth settings window will open. Turn the slider on for the ‘Bluetooth’ option if it’s disabled.
- Next, click on the ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ option.
- Select the ‘Bluetooth’ option in the next window. Also, open the top of your AirPods case and long-press the pairing button at the back of the case.
Note: Do not take AirPods out of its charging case.
- Once the LED lights start flashing on the case of the AirPods, look for your device as discoverable on the PC. Select the name of your AirPods to begin pairing.
- Once the AirPods are connected to your PC, it’ll appear as ‘Connected Voice’ in the Windows Bluetooth settings.
- Hit the ‘Done’ button.
This is it! Following all the steps mentioned above will quickly connect your AirPods or AirPods Pro with a Windows PC. It is a one-time process; thus, your headphones will automatically connect to the PC whenever you take them out of their case.
In case your AirPods are already connected to an Apple device, you’ll manually have to pair it with the PC by jumping into the Bluetooth settings.
It is evident that Siri only works with an iOS device. Thus, it won’t work when you connect your AirPods to the Windows desktop. On the other hand, if you’re a Mac user, you can connect your AirPods to a Mac and continue using Siri.
Daisy Martin is a qualified IT engineer by education. After working in the IT sector for a decade, she began writing about it two years ago. She loves to write about emerging technology like office.com/setup.