Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, targeted therapy and various other therapies are used in cancer treatment to cure, treat, control, or lessen the manifestations of any type of cancer. Cancer Treatment can remove, kill, or destroy cancer cells in a specific location of the body using chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. It can slow the spread of cancer or harm malignant cells, preventing them from returning.
A mix of the following therapies is administered to a cancer patient, depending on the nature of cancer and its location. There are various types of cancer treatment, including:
- Radiation therapy
- Surgical intervention
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
- Ablation with radiofrequency
What Is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that develops in lung’s tissues, most commonly in the cells that are in the lining of the airways. Lung cancer is most common in smokers, although it can also strike persons who have never smoked. The amount of time, as well as cigarettes that you smoke, raises your risk of lung cancer. You can dramatically reduce your likelihood of developing lung cancer if you discontinue smoking, even if you've been smoking for a long time.
Lung cancer is a disease that affects people of all ages. It can strike anyone, however, there are some variables that increase your possibilities of acquiring it:
- Secondhand cigarette smoke
- Lung cancer in the family
- Workplace exposure to arsenic, asbestos, chromium, nickel, soot, beryllium, or tar
- Air pollution
- HIV infection
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer symptoms are ambiguous and overlap with those of infectious disorders and other benign diseases. Symptoms are sometimes diagnosed during routine health check-ups (X-ray assessments help in the easy diagnosis of a lung lesion).
The following are the most common signs and symptoms:
- A persistent cough or a change in a chronic cough
- Breathing problems
- Sputum tinged with blood
- Pain in the chest
- High fever
- Unexplained weight loss
- Feeling suffocating (due to a blockage in the windpipe)
- Pneumonia attacks on a regular basis
- Bronchitis may be a symptom of lung cancer
- Hoarseness in voice
- Difficulty in swallowing food
There may also be indications that don't seem to have anything to do with the lungs. These could be the result of lung cancer spreading to other sections of the body.
Treatment and Recovery
Surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are the most common lung cancer treatments. The form of cancer you have, the phase of the disease, whether your lungs are performing correctly, your baseline health, and what you want will all influence your treatment options. The following are the main procedures:
- Surgery: If your cancer has not moved beyond the damaged lung and the same side of the mediastinum, your overall condition is sound, and your respiratory ability is adequate, surgery is the best therapeutic option.
Other popular opted treatments include:
- Targeted Therapy / Immunotherapy
Shalby Multi-specialty Hospital Treating Lung Cancer Successfully For Years
Shalby Multispecialty Hospital is one of the most known lung cancer centres in Ahmedabad, and its interdisciplinary approach to cancer treatment continues to make Shalby Multi-specialty Hospitals the best option for this treatment. We at Shalby provide cutting-edge lung cancer care with the help of our staff along with a multidisciplinary team that includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and pathologists.
Our hospital has top cancer specialists, with several of them specializing in lung cancer treatment. Medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, radiation oncologists, and pulmonologists. Lung cancer specialists can detect abnormalities or other pulmonary concerns earlier, which can lead to better outcomes. We seek to deliver economical and effective Lung cancer treatment in Ahmedabad and other major cities, recognizing the massive cost of cancer treatment in India. Our radiation oncologists in Ahmedabad have been appreciated by many.
Why Choose Shalby Hospital For Cancer Treatment?
Our competence renders us one of the most reputed Cancer hospital in Ahmedabad. The following are some of the services we provide as part of our comprehensive cancer treatment:
- Following the most up-to-date international cancer treatment regimens
- Technology for cancer treatment that is superior
- From cancer screening to early detection to interdisciplinary treatment and rehabilitation, we provide comprehensive cancer care
- Chemotherapy with a specific focus
- A larger pool of medical resources from which to choose.