Is Your Chromebook Getting Slower? Here’s How You Can Speed It Up.
Is your Chromebook computer giving you a hard time? Are you tired of its slow speed? Chromebooks are perfect and cheapest alternatives to Windows and Mac computers, and you can use them for multiple purposes. They are easy to use devices that run on the Chrome operating system. But, it doesn’t matter which device you use, after some time, they all get slower. And that’s where the problem starts. Well, the same goes for the Chromebooks as well. Like all the other devices, Chromebooks are also not entirely flawless. They also have some issues within them. And the most annoying problem is its slow speed. Are you also one of the Chromebook users? Want to fix the slow speed of your Chromebook, but don’t know the way to do so? If that is the situation that you are facing, then now no need to panic. You can fix this issue without any difficulty.
We understand how annoying it is to deal with the slow speed of our devices, and that is why we have come up with a solution to fix your problem. Here, in our following article, we are going to provide you with the methods through which you can speed up your Chromebook. So, to get the tricks to do so, you need to go through the complete article.
The Methods to Speed Up the Chromebook
Most of the users don’t know the ways to speed up their devices. Well, now, this is the most common issue that we all use to face with our computers and smartphones. But, if you use a Chromebook and want to speed it up for getting a better experience, then you can do it by going through a procedure. The slow speed of your Chromebook can be due to various reasons. So, before heading towards the technique to fix this issue, it is better to recognize some of its causes. It can be caused due to the network issues, or because of not enough space left on your computer. Whatever the reason might be, this report will help you to get your Chrome OS laptop running faster. So, now, without waiting for any longer, let’s go through the procedures. The procedures include some simple steps that anyone can follow with much ease.
Here’s what you need to do to make your Chromebook running faster:
- Check If Your Computer’s Operating System is Up to Date
Usually, the Chromebook’s operating system updates automatically. But, sometimes, it might miss the updates. Well, in that case, it is better to check if there is any update available. And to do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Taskbar on your Chromebook and click on the “Settings” icon.
- Now, go through the option of “Help” given in the left column.
- In the Help window, you can see if your device is up to date. And if it is not updated, then you can upgrade the operating system of your device from there.
- Consider Closing the Tabs of the App that You Aren’t Using.
This is an obvious step that anyone should take to speed up their Chromebook laptop. It happens many times with us when we leave the tabs open that we do not use at a time. And, this can create a drain that can make your laptop work slower. So, it’s always best to clean up the mess by closing the unused tabs.
- Try Resetting Your Chromebook
This is another step that you should follow to make your Chromebook run faster. But, before doing this, you need to have a backup of everything stored on your computer as it will erase all the data. So, to reset your Chromebook computer, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- To get started, open Chrome on your Chromebook computer.
- And now, go through the main Chrome menu that you can find on the top right corner of your screen. Or you can use a combination of keys, including Alt + F.
- Next up, click on the option of “Settings.”
- Now, scroll down through the bottom of your screen and select the option of “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Scroll through your screen to get to the end of the list and select the option of “Powerwash” and keep following the instructions appearing on your screen.
- Check if there are Any Network Issues.
Sometimes, the network issues might be the real problem responsible for your slow running devices. If you are struggling with slow speed on your Chromebook, then you need to check the network connected to your computer. For this purpose, you can take network speed tests. You can use any online speed test services through the Chrome browser. There are various online internet speed test services that you can use to check the speed of your internet. The best of the services include Speedtest.Net, TestMy.net, Speedof.me, and many more.
So, these were some of the techniques that you can apply to fix the issues of the slow speed of your Chromebook. Try these methods now and let us know if you face any problems. And for more details and suggestions like this, stay connected to us and check out our website.