Jammu and Kashmir tourism are now open for domestic and international tourists and travelers. The one good thing that happened during the COVID-19 lockdown Jammu and Kashmir domestic travel sector experienced a huge turnover. As international borders were closed, Indians expansively explored Ladakh, Jammu, Kashmir, and the mesmerizing Himachal. So, much so that the GOI increased the budget by several crores to improve the operations of the tourism department in the state, including adding more direct flights from southern states. However, due to the outbreak of the Omicron variant, the measures have been restrengthened, and new guidelines have been issued for International Arrivals.
List of Travel Advisory by the Government of Kashmir
If you plan to spend some quality time this year in Jammu and Kashmir, then we suggest going through the travel guidelines released by the state.
Simarandeep Singh, Member Secretary State Executive Committee, announced a list of activities and protocols for inter and intra-state travel. Find them mentioned below:
– You can enter Kashmir from other states with Covid-Negative Test Report.
– Due to the surge in the Omicron variant, the Ministry of Family Health and Welfare has decided to apply the rule of Test-Track-Vaccinate to implement stringent containment measures.
– Those who test negative at the Srinagar airport must follow a 7-day mandatory home quarantine with a negative follow-up testing after the 8th day.
– Travellers who test positive upon arrival will be sent to institutional quarantine at the DRDO Hospital at Khanmoh for further assessment. The passengers shall be retested on the 8th day, and if the report comes positive or if any symptom persists, the patient will be shifted to another hospital. Their sample shall be taken for genome sequences.
– The government has made rigorous RT-PCR screening and testing mandatory for all international passengers traveling to Kashmir.
– Domestic travelers having a history of international travels in the past two weeks will have to undergo RT-PCR testing at the Srinagar Airport compulsorily. And the passengers will be released from administrative quarantine only after the test report come negative.
For more updates on Kashmir tourism, tune into Daily Excelsior – the leading Kashmir news channel on the internet.