Do you own a Windows PC and want to create a Guest user account on your device? A lot of people have now upgraded the Windows version on their computers, and there are certainly a lot of great computing options and features included in Windows 11. This latest Windows OS version is easy to download and install for anyone on their Windows device. Performing any computing task on a Windows 11 computer is also quick and straightforward. There are a lot of new changes to notice in the recent Windows update. For instance, the Start Menu is now located in the center of the taskbar among a group of icons. Live tiles and Cortana are also gone. Along with this, this major update also enables you to arrange multiple windows across your PC screen, which can be done via the Snap Layout feature.
Microsoft rolled out Windows 11, intending to improvise the users’ computing experience. The users can even customize the settings on their Windows device with much ease. And if you share your device with other people, you can also create a guest user account. Well, if you are a new user of a Windows device, you might not know how to do so. And if that is the case, we are here to help you. In the following post, you will see the methods using which you can quickly create a guest user account on a Windows 11 computer. So, please make sure to go through this entire article.
Creating a Guest User Account on a Windows 11 Computer
Creating a guest user account on a Windows 11 computer is a simple task for anyone. It is an option that you will find in all other Windows versions as well. And not only this, but you can move other accounts into the guest list. You will have to follow a proper procedure to create a guest user account on your Windows 11 device. But before you do so, it would be best for you to know what a Guest user account is and how it is different from others. A guest account is an account where one can open files and programs but can’t make any administrative changes to your computer. Also, such accounts are prohibited from installing any applications and cannot make any system changes.
A guest user account is a temporary profile, so whenever a guest logs into your device, they will be able to use it until the system gets shut down. And after the system gets shut down, the profile data will get erased. There are two ways using which you can create a guest user account on your Windows 11 device, and both of them are easy to follow. It’s finally time to get to the first method.
Instructions to Create a Guest User Account in Windows 11 via Settings
Here are the steps to follow to create a guest user account via the Settings app on a Windows 11 device:
- To get started, you will first open the Settings app on your Windows 11 computer. To do so, you will press the “Windows + I” keys on your keyboard.
- Alternatively, you can choose to get to the Settings screen on your device by going to the Start button and then clicking on the Settings (gear) icon.
- And when the Settings window appears on your screen, you will move to the left pane menu to click on the option of “Accounts.”
- Now, jump to the right side of the screen and click on the “Family and Other Users” option.
- Next, you will scroll down through your screen to locate the “Other Users” section and click on the “Add Account” option.
- And now, the Microsoft Sign-In panel will open up on your screen. And here, you will have to click on the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” link.
- Placed next to the link mentioned above, you will have to click on the option that says, “Add a user without a Microsoft account” to create a guest user account.
- After this, you will have to provide a name for your guest account. And as this is a guest user account you are creating, there is no need to create a password.
- If you want to make a password for the guest account, make sure to keep it simple.
- Afterward, you will click on the “Next” button after you are done creating a password. And that’s it. You have successfully created a guest user account on your Windows 11 device.
An Alternative Method to Create a Guest User Account on Windows 11
Here is another method following which you can create a guest user account on your Windows 11 device:
- First of all, you will click the Start button on your computer and then go to the search bar at the top to type “cmd.”
- From the available options, click on “Command Prompt,” and then you will have to select the option of “Run as Administrator.”
- After the Command Prompt window shows up on your screen, you will have to type in the following command: “et user Guest1 /add /active:yes.” Make sure to replace guest 1 with any guest name you prefer. And now, a new guest user account will get created on your Windows 11 computer.
So, these are the two methods following which any Windows 11 user can create a guest user account on their Windows device. Try any of the mentioned techniques now, and for more information like this, please follow our website.
Visit Site – cricut.com/setup