All the smart devices that you use come with some inbuilt security features that work to ensure that your data remains protected and secured from all threats. Windows computers also include multiple privacy and security options that you can easily use. To enhance the users’ experience and to provide complete safety from all cyber threats, Microsoft’s every Windows OS version consists of a pre-installed antivirus security tool known as “Windows Defender.” Using this security tool is pretty easy for any of the Windows device users. Windows Defender does a routine scan of your device and makes you aware if there are any threats that exist on your PC. If you are one of the Windows device users, you might know all about this pre-installed antivirus security tool.
However, Windows Defender works fine most of the time on Windows desktops and laptops, but there might be situations when you need to disable it. Thankfully, it is quite an easy task to turn off the Windows Defender security feature on a Windows device. If you don’t know how to do so, you should go through this entire guide. In the following post, you will find the method to disable Windows Defender real-time protection on your Windows PC. So, please do hurry and read this entire blog.
Disabling Windows Defender real-time protection via Policy Editor
We all store all our sensitive data on our computers and smartphones, which is why it becomes even more necessary to scan our devices timely. There are various antivirus software products available in the market that you can easily use. And some even prefer to access the inbuilt option. But not everyone seems to be okay with using the inbuilt security features on their devices. You need a powerful cybersecurity tool to provide the ultimate protection to your saved data and device. If you want to disable Windows Defender real-time protection on your Windows device because you are switching to another tool, you will have to follow the procedure that we have mentioned here. In this blog, you will know how anyone can turn off the Windows Defender security feature on your Windows device via the Policy Editor.
Local Group Policy Editor in Windows OS enables users to control all kinds of Windows settings via a simple user interface without playing with the registry. You can also use it to disable Windows Defender real-time protection on your computer. Please look at the below-mentioned method.
Instructions to disable Windows Defender real-time protection via policy Editor
Here are the steps to follow to disable Windows Defender real-time protection via Policy Editor on a Windows device:
- To initiate the task of turning off the Windows Defender real-time protection on your computer, you will first of all have to launch the Group Policy Editor tool.
- To launch the tool, you will press the “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard. And when a Run command opens up, type “gpedit. Msc,” then hit the enter key or click the “Ok” button.
- And once the Local Group Policy Editor window shows up on your screen, you will need to jump to the following path: “Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Real-time Protection.”
- Next up, you will go to the right side menu of the window and scroll down to click twice on the option of “Turn off real-time protection.”
- And after you get to the Turn off Real-time Protection screen, you will have to choose the “Enabled” category to disable Windows Defender real-time protection on your device.
- You can now close the Local Group Policy Editor window after turning off the default security feature on your Windows computer.
- And if at any time you wish to enable the option again, you are advised to follow the same steps as mentioned above. But just make sure to change the option in the last step to “Not Configured” or “Disabled,” after which the feature will get enabled again.
So, now you have seen what you will need to do to disable Windows Defender real-time protection via Local Group Policy Editor on your Windows device. And this is all we can provide you for now. Try the method right away, and please do let us know if you face any troubles. Stay connected to our website for more updates.