All the gaming fans will be familiar with one of the most popular online gaming stores, named Steam. It is a service offered by Valve, which was launched in September 2003. Initially, it was a way for Valve to provide automatic updates to the users. Later, it grew and started including games from third-party publishers.
Fortunately, Steam isn’t just available for PC users, but you can download the same for your macOS Big Sur Mac as well. Don’t know how to do the same? Well, here are the instructions you can follow and download games using Steam on your Mac. So, read along to know more!
Installing Steam on Your Mac
Firstly, it is essential to have Steam on your Mac to start downloading games. Therefore, if you don’t have the same, follow the steps mentioned below to install Steam:
- Open a browser and search for steampowered.com.
- Open the desired result and click on the ‘Install Steam’ button at the top-right corner of the window.
- Tap the ‘Install Steam’ button.
- The downloading will begin. Once downloaded, open the location of the file.
- Double-click on the file to launch.
- Drag the Steam file to the Applications folder.
- Leave or exit the window.
Downloading Steam Games on Your Mac
Once Steam is installed on your Mac, you’re ready to download Steam Games. The steps to do the same are:
- Navigate to the Applications folder and launch Steam.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button if prompted.
- It’ll take a few seconds for Steam to update.
- Click on the ‘Create New Account’ option if you want to create an account. In case you’re an existing user, click on the ‘Login into an existing account’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and the necessary steps.
- Click on the ‘Store’ button.
- Search and open the game that you want to download.
Note: Make sure the game is compatible with the Mac. To check the same, look for an Apple logo.
- Hit the ‘Add to Cart’ button next to the game.
- Click on the ‘Purchase for Myself’ option.
- Select the payment method and fill in all the necessary details.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Mark the checkbox for ‘terms and conditions’ to agree with the same.
- Click ‘Purchase’ to install the game on Mac.
As soon as you hit the ‘purchase’ button, the game will start downloading. That wasn’t very difficult, right? Now that you’re familiar with the instructions to download games using Steam on your Mac, play as much as you want.