Joint injuries are often caused by overuse, poor biomechanics, and sports injuries. The most common joint injuries involve the knee, ankle, and shoulder. The knee is a complex joint that works with ligaments, tendons, and muscles to provide stability and support for your entire body.
The ankle is another complex joint that allows you to walk, run and jump. Ankle sprains are common injuries that can be caused by overuse or trauma. Your shoulders are made up of many small bones that work together to move your arms in various ways. Shoulder injuries can occur when you fall on your arm or lift something incorrectly while at work or play.
To get joint pain treatment in Greenville, you should first know the common causes of joint injuries which are as under:
- Overuse – when your joints are used more than they can handle, they may become injured. This may be due to an increase in training load or intensity, or because you're doing something incorrectly.
- Injury – This can happen when a joint is twisted or bent awkwardly, for example, if you fall badly or lift something heavy. It can also be caused by an impact injury such as a blow to the head or body.
- Poor posture – Poor posture can lead to pain and stiffness in your joints, especially if you have been sitting at a desk for several hours without taking regular breaks.
- Trauma – Trauma is another common cause of joint injuries and refers to any injury caused by a sudden impact or force on the body. Trauma can result in broken bones and sprains or strains (stretched ligaments).
- Joint and ligament sprains. The most common injury is a sprain, which occurs when a ligament — the tough band of tissue that connects bones at a joint — is stretched or torn. Sprains are common in the knees and ankles, but they can happen in any joint.
- Torn cartilage. Cartilage acts as a cushion between bones, making it easier to move your joints without causing damage. But if a bone ends up rubbing directly against another bone, you can tear the cartilage that covers them. This condition usually develops as you get older.
Types of joint injuries
Joint injuries are common in sports, but they're also a problem in the workplace. Most joint injuries are preventable with proper training and equipment.
The most common types of joint injuries include:
- Ankle sprains. These can occur when you twist your ankle while playing sports or during normal activities (such as walking). Ankle sprains are the most common type of injury among sports players, especially basketball players and soccer players.
- Knee injuries. Knee injuries can be caused by direct impact to the knee or by overuse or repetitive use of your leg muscles (which causes muscle strain). Common knee injuries include jumper's knee and anterior cruciate ligament tears.
- Shoulder injuries. Shoulder injuries are caused by direct impact on the shoulder joint or by overuse of your shoulder muscles (which causes muscle strain). This type of injury often occurs during contact sports such as football, hockey, and rugby.
Company Phone Number