Digital transformation is dictating today’s business landscape. Relevance spawns from connectivity and connectivity engenders the competitive edge. This is where the magnificence of Managed IT services shows its grit. Businesses are looking to integrate devices while downsizing departments. Hence, outsourcing IT services is synonymous to enhancing IT services. But what is the status of the market and where is it headed?
- According to Markets and Markets, the global Managed Services market was at a valuation of $242.9 Billion in 2021.
- The market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.9% from 2021 to 2026.
- By 2026, the value will reach $354.8 Billion.
The ever growing and constantly unmet demand for a secure yet scalable digital infrastructure is driving the market forward. Managed IT Services can address this through continuous monitoring, access management, and identity management.
Another factor that can be acknowledged as a driver to this growth is the mammoth shift of global businesses into the cloud infrastructure. Over 70% of all businesses worldwide currently operate in multi-cloud environments. Before we dive into the benefits of such services, let us look at the different kinds of services that fall under this umbrella.
TYPES OF MANAGED IT SERVICES
- Onsite setup for hardware and software at company headquarters.
- Mobile networking solutions for seamless connectivity.
- Cloud infrastructure for enhanced collaboration.
- Anti-malware undertakings for holistic network security.
- Patching services and maintenance to keep the currency of software updates intact.
- Compatibility management to ensure seamless interconnectivity between various devices.
- Data, voice, and video integrated communication services.
- Provision of integrated and avant-garde solutions in the sphere of Software-as-a-Service. It simplifies system updates as well as software installations at an in-house level.
- Networking tech is becoming increasingly complex. And with mammoth amounts of data pouring in from various touchpoints, analyzing and acting upon them becomes crucial. For businesses not directly involved in the IT sector, this task could take up a lot of resources and cause unwanted stress on the teams. Opting for and MSP is the best way forward.
Now that we have laid out the expectations that one can have from MSPs, it is now time to take out the big guns. We will now explore how Managed IT outsourcing is affecting the business landscape. And as usual, we will be traversing a numerically rich path.
MEASURES OF MANAGED IT MAGNIFICENCE
- 93% of all organizations worldwide has already adopted the MSP culture to boost their business. And they are willing to pay higher amounts if the MSP can get them access to the cloud infrastructure of their choice.
- Outsourcing definitely enhances efficiency. These are not our words. 24% of all global small and medium enterprises believe this. This is specific to SMEs since this group faces challenges like lack of resources when it comes to developing competent teams. And outsourcing a major part of their digital infrastructure is the most feasible way forward for a lot of them.
- Another aspect that entails the previous point is that businesses need to focus more on their core functions and to develop their core competencies rather than supportive factors like IT infrastructure. This is crucial for growth. And this is precisely why 49% of businesses that have turned to MSPs feel that the load on their essential resources has been significantly lifted after outsourcing.
- Yet another concern for companies in this competitive, cut-throat corporate culture is the lack of essential talent. It is more of a qualitative issue rather than quantitative. Businesses feel that valuable skillsets are missing from their teams leading to unforeseen challenges. MSPs can cut this problem at the roots. 46% of businesses claim to have filled in crucial talent gaps through outsourcing.
- Monitoring your network constantly means that you can be proactive to risks rather than being reactive. And this directly manipulates the uptime that any business can hope for. Through an MSP integration, businesses are blessed with the ability to monitor their infrastructure all day, all week, all month, and all year long. This translates to 99% uptime.
What does this all add up to? A respected MSP can give you the much-needed boost while carving out sophisticated competencies for you to traverse and sustain yourself in this dynamic and unpredictable business landscape. For instance, Orion eSolutions undertake end-to-end responsibilities including but not limited to network monitoring, security management, data backup, disaster recovery, automation, and server virtualization. Let us conclude on that note.