Medicinal chemistry is an interdisciplinary science which plays a crucial role in the drug discovery process. In Medicinal & Synthetic Chemistry we follow a highly data-and-hypothesis driven path making meaningful molecules whilst also using productive synthetic routes to bring benefit both from efficiency and from serendipitous discoveries.
Success of your drug discovery largely depends on the medicinal chemist’s ability to see the big picture. Key decisions must be made taking into account the whole range of biological, pharmacological and pharmacokinetic data, with an appreciation of the intellectual property space.
Our medicinal chemists, armed with knowledge earned in pharma and biotech companies, are skilled in seeing the bigger picture and enthusiastic to contribute to your:
- Hit identification
- Hit to lead
- Lead optimization
- First in class
- Back-up chemical series
- Fast follower approach
- Preclinical candidate identification
- Or the whole H2L2C process
- Rational approach to drug design
- Ligand based drug design
- Structure based drug desig
We are skilled at multi-parameter optimisation based on the analysis of biological, structural and physicochemical data. We use these expanding data sets from ADME assessments, computer-aided drug design, structural biology, in vitro and in vivo biological testing, and disease models to refine our thinking and to influence the design of new iterations of molecules. In addition, the effectiveness with which the projects are executed is very dependent on the quality of the infrastructure but even more by the quality and passion of our people.
We benefit from close interactions with colleagues in the associated scientific disciplines and execute our work together under one roof in our drug discovery facilities in Zagreb, Krakow and Poznan. Promising compounds can be quickly progressed into animal pharmacokinetics and efficacy models to validate the correlation of the specific target with a positive effect in animals. The process will continue until a suitable preclinical candidate is selected. Throughout you can be confident of regular communication and a transparent view of our recommendations and decisions to ensure the focus of our activities toward a successful project outcome.
Proof of quality:
We know you want a reliable partner for innovative, fast and creative chemistry. To accomplish this we:
- Apply high data integrity standards for your intellectual property (IP) protection
- Use modern technology (microwave and photochemistry reactors, parallel synthesis devices and mass-directed autopurification systems)
- Accelerate organic synthesis with self-service open access analytical systems
- Apply rigorous expert analytical chemistry control to final products
- Constantly increase our skills and knowledge
- Write scientific reports and laboratory notebooks in ELN with view access for our partners
- Follow strict environment, health and safety regulations
Many of the drug molecules designed and produced within our labs have progressed to preclinical and clinical trials. As a result we possess a strong understanding and an in-depth knowledge of the technologies that can be applied in drug discovery of all the major target classes. This is exemplified in hundreds of published scientific papers and patents with Selvita/Fidelta’s medicinal chemists as authors and named inventors.
Ready to partner with us?