The global nucleic acid sample preparation market is in progressing phase. To meet the growing need for timely diagnostic information and targeted patient treatment, several molecular procedures, including automated nucleic acid sample preparation workstations, have been developed.
The global nucleic acid sample preparation market is projected to reach $11,200.5 million by 2032 from $4,213.0 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.27% during the forecast period 2022-2032. The growth in the global nucleic acid sample preparation market is expected to be driven by the increased use of nucleic acid molecules in several therapeutic areas. In addition, the increased demand for downstream applications such as next-generation sequencing (NGS) and others and the advancement in nucleic acid extraction/isolation techniques have driven the growth of the nucleic acid sample preparation market.
Recent Developments in the Global Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Market
• In June 2022, Hamilton Company. and Bionano Genomics created a Long String VANTAGE, a brand-new DNA extraction automation product. Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) DNA can be extracted with the instrument and used for optical genome mapping (OGM). As a requirement for the sample preparation workflow at Bionano Genomics, high-quality and quantity UHMW DNA extraction is required.
• In November 2022, RevoluGen, a U.K.-based genomics company, announced that it had entered into an agreement with Tecan Trading AG, a pioneer and industry leader in laboratory automated processes, for the production and supply of Tecan's 96-well filter plates for use in RevoluGen's automated Fire Monkey High Molecular Weight (HMW)-DNA extraction kits.
• In June 2021, Agilent Technologies, Inc. launched the SureSelect Human All Exon V8. This new exome design offers thorough content and current coverage of protein-coding areas from RefSeq, CCDS, and GENCODE. Additionally, it includes exons that are challenging to capture and the TERT promoter, which is neglected by competing exomes. The new design offers content flexibility to satisfy the demands of customers in three options, i.e., standard exome sequencing (Exome v8), translational research (v8 UTR Plus), and clinical research sequencing (v8 Clinical Plus).
• In August 2022, the introduction of the QIAseq Targeted DNA Pro Panels and the QIAseq UPXome RNA Library Kit, both of which have set new benchmarks in sample preparation for determining their nucleic acid sequences, allowed QIAGEN N.V. to announce the extension of its next-generation sequencing (NGS) portfolio. The time required for library preparation of DNA samples by researchers is cut in half to six hours due to the QIAseq Targeted DNA Pro Panels' enhanced chemistry.
Impact of COVID-19
In December 2019, Wuhan, a city in the Hubei region of China, was the site of the first detection of the COVID-19 outbreak. Following the classification of COVID-19 as novel pneumonia due to a cluster of unexplained pneumonia cases, efforts to pinpoint the culprit causing the outbreak and outline its genomic sequence got underway right once. The virus has already spread to every country on the globe, and researchers, governments, and business leaders are working to find answers to the crisis at a scale and speed that has never been seen. Testing for SARS-CoV-2 in the populace is one of the main steps that has been put into place globally, among many other measures used to stop the spread of the disease. The most crucial benefit of testing is that it offers evidence of illness, enabling individuals and those they have come into contact with to take the required precautions, including quarantining, to minimize community exposure.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The emergence of modern technology with automated systems and ways to acquire high-quality nucleic acid has facilitated the extraction, isolation, purification, and other processes. Increased demand for high-quality reagents, kits, and related items has resulted from advancements in the nucleic acid sample preparation procedure. Various researchers and manufacturers have developed automated resources to generate high-quality items in quick turnaround periods. High throughput and sophisticated sample preparation technology, as well as collaborations developed with key research institutions throughout the world to improve sampling methodology, are expected to fuel market expansion during the forecast period.
Key Companies Profiled
• Agilent Technologies, Inc.
• Aurora Biomed Inc.
• BGI Group (MGI Tech Co., Ltd.)
• BIONEER CORPORATION.
• Blue-Ray Biotech Corp.
• Danaher. (Beckman Coulter, Inc.)
• Endress+Hauser Group Services AG (Analytik Jena GmbH)
• Eppendorf SE
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
• Illumina, Inc.
• Merck KGaA
• Norgen Biotek Corp.
• PerkinElmer Inc.
• Promega Corporation
• Sansure Biotech Inc.
• Tecan Trading AG
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Demand – Drivers and Limitations
The following are the demand drivers for the global nucleic acid sample preparation market:
• Increasing Use of Nucleic Acid Molecules in Various Therapeutic Areas
• Advancement in the Nucleic Acid Extraction/Isolation Techniques
• Advantages of Automated Sample Preparation Workstations
• Increasing Demand for Downstream Applications such as Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
The market is expected to face some limitations due to the following challenges:
• High Cost of Automated Workstations
• Rigid Regulatory Standards
Get Free Sample Report – https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=1438&type=download
How can this report add value to an organization?
Workflow/Innovation Strategy: The nucleic sample preparation market (workflow) has been segmented into seven sub-segments, namely, sample extraction/isolation, sample quantification, quality control (QC), fragmentation, library quantification, target enrichment, and pooling. Moreover, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of the different applications of sample preparation in genomics and proteomics.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: Nucleic acid sample preparation is being used for genomics, proteomics, and other applications. Various companies are providing consumables and systems aid in the diagnosis of various therapeutic areas, which is also the key strategy for market players to excel in the current nucleic acid sample preparation market.
Competitive Strategy: Key players in the global nucleic acid sample preparation market have been analyzed and profiled in the study, including manufacturers involved in new product launches, acquisitions, expansions, and strategic collaborations. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global nucleic acid sample preparation market has been done to help the reader understand how players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations will aid the reader in understanding the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
BIS Related Reports