What are the early signs of ovarian cancer?
In the early stages of ovarian cancer only 20% cases are diagnosed cause mostly its symptoms are similar to common illnesses. It is recommended to seek Ovarian Cancer Treatment in Mumbai if you continuously suffer from any of these following symptoms for a longer time.
- Abdominal bloating or swelling
- Irregular Menstrual cycle (periods)
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Loss of appetite, quickly feeling full when eating
- Frequent urge to urinate more than usual
- Pain during Intercourse
Some less common symptoms are:
- Skin rash, muscle weakness, and inflamed muscles (a condition called dermatomyositis)
- Back pain
The symptoms will persist due to ovarian cancer and become more severe as the tumor grows.
Some severe symptoms include:
If the cancer reaches a later stage without any intervention, some individuals may develop:
- Fluid buildup around the lungs (pleural effusion)
- Fluid buildup in the abdomen (ascites)
- Obstruction or blockage of the digestive tract (bowel obstruction)
- Treatment of ovarian cancer usually involves a combination of surgery and chemotherapy. Other treatments may be used in certain situations.
Surgery Operations to remove ovarian cancer include:
Surgery to remove one ovary. For early-stage cancer that hasn't spread beyond one ovary, surgery may involve removing the affected ovary and its fallopian tube. This procedure may preserve your ability to have children.
Surgery to remove both ovaries. If cancer is present in both your ovaries, but there are no signs of additional cancer, your surgeon may remove both ovaries and both fallopian tubes. This procedure leaves your uterus intact, so you may still be able to become pregnant using your own frozen embryos or eggs or with eggs from a donor.
Surgery to remove both ovaries and the uterus. If your cancer is more extensive or if you don't wish to preserve your ability to have children, your surgeon will remove the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus, nearby lymph nodes and a fold of fatty abdominal tissue (omentum).
Surgery for advanced cancer. If your cancer is advanced, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove as much of the cancer as possible. Sometimes chemotherapy is given before or after surgery in this situation.
- Dr. Sampada Dessai is the Leading Gynecologic Oncologist and Surgeon in Mumbai with 14+ years of experience in Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Ovarian cancer and Robotic Surgery providing customized treatments based on the Stage, Location & Genetic profile.https://drsampadadessai.com/