Pediatric Dental Industry Overview
The global pediatric dental market size is expected to reach USD 14.13 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2021 to 2028. The growth is attributed to the technological advancements in pediatric dental procedures. Moreover, an increasing number of oral health disorders is expected to contribute to the growth of the market.
Pediatric Dental Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pediatric dental market on the basis of type, disease type, procedure, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Primary, Permanent.
- The primary teeth segment held the largest share of more than 50.0% in 2020. Malocclusion is a dental problem that is increasing globally.
- Pulpal, dental trauma, dental caries, periapical lesions, oral habits, and abnormality of development are the most common dental disorders that are seen in children that are strongly related to malocclusion. The treatment and diagnosis of the disorder are anticipated to boost the segment growth.
- Dental trauma is one of the common issues in young children with primary teeth. This is mainly due to the increased physical mobility while learning to run and walk. The mandibular primary teeth are comparatively less prone to traumatic injury whereas anterior maxillary primary teeth are most susceptible to trauma.
Based on the Disease Type Insights, the market is segmented into Dental Caries, Enamel Disorders, Others.
- The dental caries segment dominated the market in 2020 with a revenue share of more than 35.0%. This can be attributed to the increasing number of dental disorders. Dental caries in primary teeth include infections, chronic pain, and other morbidities. Early childhood caries have a major impact on the quality of life of children.
- The presence of one or more decayed, filled, or missing surfaces in any primary tooth of a child under the age of 6 years is likely to have dental caries. To avoid an unhealthy lifestyle, the treatment is to be performed on a regular basis that is anticipated to grow the segment in the years to come.
- For children that are at high risk of dental caries, dentists prefer to apply patients’ teeth with dietary fluoride supplements and fluoride varnish to take preventive measures. The fluoride supplements should be taken appropriately as suggested by dental professionals.
Based on the Procedure Insights, the market is segmented into Pulpotomies, Stainless Steel Crowns (SSCs), Tooth Colored Fillings, Dental Cleaning (Prophylaxis), Others.
- The dental cleaning (prophylaxis) segment dominated the market in 2020 with a share of more than 30.0%. This can be attributed to the increasing number of dental treatment procedures in dental clinics and hospitals. The prophylaxis removes plaque buildup that cannot be removed by brushing.
- The teeth should be cleaned every 8-16 weeks. This increases the demand for teeth cleaning if it is not possible for the patients themselves. This is anticipated to propel the segment growth.
- Full mouth debridement needs to be performed professionally once a year as heavy tartar is built. The procedure is performed with hand tools and a micro-ultrasonic scaler. Tooth cleaning techniques include prophylaxis, gingival bacterial reduction, site-specific laser therapy, periodontal maintenance, and full mouth debridement.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Dental Services Market – The global dental services market size was valued at USD 359.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% from 2022 to 2030. The diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental disorders are covered under dental services that are provided by dentists and dental professionals.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Market – The global cosmetic dentistry market size was valued at USD 29.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.0% from 2022 to 2030. With an increasing population opting for the improvement of dental aesthetics, this industry has undergone great advancements.
Pediatric Dental Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is highly competitive and marked by the presence of many domestic as well as international players. Various initiatives by the major market players like mergers, new product development, and acquisitions are expected to propel the market growth.
Some prominent players in the global pediatric dental market include
- Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC (Subsidiary of Cantel Medical)
- Kinder Krowns
- Figaro Crowns, Inc.
- Acero Crowns
- Sprig Oral Health Technologies, Inc.
- Edelweiss Dentistry Products GmbH
- Cheng Crowns
- Dentsply Sirona
Order a free sample PDF of the Pediatric Dental Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519