The development of neurological and cardiovascular illnesses worldwide is blamed for the expansion of the Perfusion Imaging Market. Due to its application in the diagnosis of a number of chronic illnesses, the demand for perfusion imaging is dramatically increasing. The demand for this technology to examine a variety of metabolic and functional characteristics in order to evaluate basic bodily processes is largely responsible for the growing market share of perfusion imaging.
A non-invasive imaging procedure called as perfusion imaging reveals how blood flows through tissues and organs. Perfusion imaging techniques efficiently produce both perfusion measurements and perfusion maps of the area of specific interest. It aids in identifying nutritive blood supply to a crucial component of tissue. The use of these imaging modalities in the perfusion imaging market has increased over time. There are several different perfusion imaging tools on the market. These instruments include computed tomography and microspheres. These imaging technologies help to map the blood flow across the vascular network of the brain.
Download Our Sample Report To Discover How Recent Industry Developments, Like! https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-9650
The global market for perfusion imaging is expected to experience opulent growth over the projected period, with a total CAGR of 6.8% from 2022 to 2032. The global market is predicted to grow from US$ 2.1 billion in 2022 to US$ 8.3 billion by 2032.
The ongoing introduction of new products, the growing demand for new and updated methodologies, and the ability to measure a number of hemodynamic parameters without invasive procedures are all contributing factors to the predicted steady CAGR for the worldwide perfusion imaging market throughout the course of the projected period. The global perfusion imaging market is expanding primarily due to the rising prevalence of neurological and cardiovascular diseases. According to the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee, there were about 795,000 stroke cases in the country in 2017. Of these, about 610,000 were first-time cases, while the other 185,000 were intermittent. The majority of people on the planet are adopting sedentary lifestyles as a result of expanding urbanisation and rising middle-class prosperity.
- Brain tumors, tumor-related angiogenesis, increasing geriatric population, rising prevalence of organ transplantation, several initiatives by government and NGO to promote organ donation, more cases of multiple organ failures, rising investments in cell-based research, and escalation in biologic manufacturing are some of the other market growths supporting factors.
- A sedentary lifestyle with less physical activity and increasing adoption of processed food are resulting in individuals with increased cardiovascular issues now than ever. In the data published in 2022 by the CDC, it has been mentioned that in the United States, every year, nearly 805,000 individuals suffer a heart attack, and out of this, nearly 605,000 individuals experience a heart attack for the very first time.
- The surging health conditions where organ transplantation is required is also considered a dominant factor that is anticipated to bolster the growth of the market during the forecast period. Based on the initial data from the United Network of Organ Sharing, in 2021, the United States recorded a 5.9% rise in organ transplants 2020.
- The data further states that approximately 13,800 Americans became deceased organ donors in the same year. Some of the key opportunities of the perfusion imaging market are soaring preference for continuous manufacturing and increasing pharmaceutical research in emerging markets.
- In addition to that, the drivers and opportunities of the global perfusion imaging market are predicted to accelerate the market growth phenomenally over the projection period. Various other recent developments in the perfusion imaging market include new radioactive material with a shorter life span. It lowers patients’ exposure to radioactive material. However, high treatment costs, expensive devices, and poor hi-tech healthcare penetration in lower-income regions will further restrain the growth of the perfusion imaging market. One of the key challenges mentioned in the perfusion imaging market report is the organ supply-demand gap.
Some of the prominent companies in the global perfusion imaging market are GE Healthcare, Toshiba Medical System., Positron, Aetna Inc, NeuSoft, Bracco, Cigna, kmhlabs, Perimed AB., Siemens Health, Philips Healthcare, and Lantheus Medical Cardiac Imaging Solutions Inc.
More Insights into the Perfusion Imaging Market:
The North American region is anticipated to dominate the global perfusion imaging market by accounting for the maximum share over the projection period. Various factors accounting for the same are increasing incidences of cardiovascular infections, tumor-associated angiogenesis, cerebrum tumors, etc.
In addition to that, there is a presence of manufacturing sites of some of the primary perfusion imaging product manufacturers, and this is said to generate more revenue for the perfusion imaging market in this region.
By Product Type
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Other Product Types
- Ventilation Perfusion Imaging
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Functional Brain Imaging
- Testicular Torsion Detection
- Other Applications
By End User Type
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care Settings
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Pacific