In 2023, the A2 milk market is estimated to expand from US$ 2036.6 million. The market is expected to exceed US$ 5120.9 million by 2033, growing at a 9.5% CAGR during the forecast period.
The rising dairy sector and increased access to dairy products are driving the expansion of the A2 milk market. Consumer concerns about the gastrointestinal difficulties associated with ordinary milk containing A1 beta-casein protein, combined with an increasing number of people worried about their health, are moving the A2 milk sector forward. A2 milk is popular among consumers who have difficulty digesting milk and experience bloating since it is easier to digest and contains A2 beta-casein protein.
People are increasingly preferring full-flavored, easy-to-digest dairy products, which is driving A2 Milk Market growth. Some people believe that A2 beta-casein protein, which is found in certain cow milk, is easier to digest than A1 protein. Consumer demand for natural and healthy products, as well as increased awareness of lactose intolerance, are propelling market growth.
Empower Your Mind! Request Our Report Sample Now to Unlock Knowledge’s Potential
Other factors, such as rising disposable income and increased awareness of the health benefits of A2 milk, such as boosting immunity, increasing metabolic rate, promoting mental growth, and use in bakeries and confectioneries, will all contribute to the A2 milk market growth. Moreover, the expansion of the A2milk product portfolio and the increase in hypermarkets, supermarkets, and online stores are expected to create a lucrative A2 milk market opportunity. The limited market presence of A2 milk is expected to create opportunities in this market as distribution can be expanded globally.
Restraints to A2 milk market growth include:
- The high cost of A2 milk.
- The availability of cheaper and vegan alternatives.
- A lack of proper evidence regarding the benefits of A2 milk.
- A lack of consumer awareness complicates the issue.
FMI envisions North America will persist to rank among the top economies throughout the forecast period. In the United States, manufacturers’ ingredients are getting more attention. The growing popularity of healthy foods has prompted companies in the United States to diversify their portfolios. The trend of smaller companies being acquired at a lower cost is likely to continue soon.
- The liquid form of A2 milk could account for 84.6% of the form segment A2 milk market.
- For the end use application segment, infant formula accounted for 22.40% of the A2 milk market.
- Carton packaging comprises 57.9% of the A2 milk market’s packaging segment.
- The United States may have a monopoly on the A2 milk market, accounting for 35% of the total.
- Japan regulates 10% of the A2 milk market.
- Australia handles 2.3% of the A2 milk market.
- During the projected period, the China market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 9.1%.
- During the projected period, the India market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.7%.
- During the projected period, the U.K. market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.8%.
- Germany has a 31% market share in the A2 milk market.
Companies are making an investment more in R&D to introduce new flavours into the A2 milk market. Aside from that, players are diversifying their product portfolios by expanding their global operations and strengthening their distribution channels.
Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, The A2 Milk Company Limited, PURA, Dairy Farmers, Jersey Dairy, Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Company, Freedom Foods Group Limited, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., Vedaaz Organics Pvt. Ltd., and Provilac Dairy Farms Private Limited seem to be just a few of the major players of the A2 milk market.
- Infant Formula
- Dairy Product
- Milk Powder
- Ice Cream
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Milk & Milk-based Beverages
- Glass Bottles
- Plastic Bottles & Pouches
- Carton Packaging
- Store-based Retailing
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailing
- Store-based Retailing