Powder Compacting Pressers Industry Overview
The global powder compacting pressers market size is expected to reach USD 408.9 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2020 to 2028. The rising adoption of powder compacting pressers in the end-use industries, including automobile, military, machining, and aerospace, is anticipated to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Powder Compacting Pressers Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global powder compacting pressers market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Hydraulic, Electric, Hybrid, Mechanical, Servo-hydraulic.
- The mechanical powder compacting pressers led the market and accounted for 47.6% share of the global revenue in 2020 as they provide one of the fastest production speeds and are suitable for large-scale production.
- Servo-hydraulic powder compacting pressers have been developed by very few compacting press manufacturers, which are continuing to gain prominence. Servo-hydraulic pressers employ a hybrid control, which is electromechanical and electro-hydraulic combined with electronic motion control fitted to ensure repeatability.
- Electric powder compacting pressers are estimated to expand at the highest CAGR of 5.2% in terms of revenue from 2020 to 2028 as they are replacing hydraulic presses owing to their better energy efficiency and accuracy.
- Electric pressers are primarily used to manufacture components of graphite, ceramic, powder metal, and magnets, and produce tungsten carbide tips and carbon brushes.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Powder Metallurgy, Ceramic & Cement, Carbon & Carbide, Others.
- The powder metallurgy application segment led the market and accounted for a 58.5% share of the global revenue in 2020. Powder metallurgy has resulted in lowering machining costs and a reduction in material usage. Furthermore, powder metallurgy has been beneficial in offering uniformity in the components, resulting in reduced operational costs.
- Carbide powders, produced using tungsten, boron, and silicon, have extensive industrial usage due to their high abrasiveness, high hardness, and corrosion resistance.
- The ceramics and cement application segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 4.4% from 2020 to 2028, in terms of revenue. A wide variety of ceramic powders such as alumina, boron nitride, and zirconia are being used as fillers in cement, electrical insulation, and thermal conduction use cases.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Automotive, Machining, Energy & Electricity, Equipment, Medical, Military, Construction, Others.
- The automotive end-use segment led the market and accounted for a 43.0% share of the global revenue in 2020. Companies have started expanding their production facilities to meet the demand for automobiles, resulting in the high demand for PM-based components and positively impacting the automotive industry.
- The military sector uses various components that are required to be manufactured with the highest quality and precision and are difficult to manufacture with conventional techniques, such as forging.
- The energy and electricity segment is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 3.8%, in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2028. Motor components such as carbon brushes, magnets, bearings, gears, and switches are developed using the press and sinter process.
- The global construction industry is one of the key consumers of powder compacting pressers. Various types of powder metals such as tungsten carbide, chromium carbide, and cobalt are used extensively in the construction industry.
Powder Compacting Pressers Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market for powder compacting pressers is highly competitive owing to the presence of both multinational and local manufacturers. The growing demand for complex shapes made from metallic, ceramic, and composites across industries globally has compelled manufacturers to form alliances with the end users of powder compacting pressers.
Some prominent players in the global powder compacting pressers market include
- KomageGellnerMaschinenfabrik KG
- SMS group GmbH
- Osterwalder AG
- MaschinenfabrikLauffer GmbH & Co.KG
- Gasbarre Products, Inc.
- Ajax CECO Erie Press
- Beckwood Press
- Digital Press
- DORST Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
- Cincinnati Incorporated
- Nanjing East Precision Machinery CO., LTD.
- Dongguan Yihui Hydraulic Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Santec Exim Pvt. Ltd.
- Quintus Technologies AB
- SACMI IMOLA S.C.
Order a free sample PDF of the Powder Compacting Pressers Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519