According to the latest market research report on Global Satellite Manufacturing and Launch System Market from Fortune Business Insights™, The global satellite manufacturing and launch system market size is expected to reach USD 54.17 billion in 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.45% during the forecast period, states Fortune Business Insights, in a report, titled “Satellite Manufacturing and Launch System Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Satellite Manufacturing and Satellite Launch Systems), By Application (Communication Satellite, Military Surveillance, Navigation Satellite, Earth Observation Satellite, and Others), By End-Use (Commercial and Military) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The market size stood at USD 23.83 billion in 2020.
List of the Leading Companies Profiled in the Global Satellite Manufacturing and Launch System Market are:
- Airbus S.A.S (The Netherlands)
- Arianespace (France)
- Boeing (The U.S.)
- GeoOptics (Canada)
- ISISPACE GROUP (The Netherlands)
- JSC Academician M.F. Reshetnev (Russia)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (The U.S.)
- Maxar Technologies (The U.S.)
- SpaceX (The U.S.)
- ViaSat Inc. (The U.S.)
Suspended Satellite Launches to Inhibit Market during Coronavirus
The lockdown in major countries such as the U.S., France, Germany, China, India, and Japan severely impacted the space industry, suspending all space-related activities. Major companies such as SpaceX, United Launch Alliance (ULA), Rockets Labs, and Blue Origin have reformed their production structure for launch vehicles and satellites.
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, around 92% of space-based firms with research and development as a primary business capability were small businesses. These firms experienced a major hit from the pandemic. Moreover, prominent companies' implementation of various strategies to sustain recovery can subsequently elevate the satellite manufacturing and launch system market amid pandemics.
Government Support for Reusable Launch Systems to Promote Growth in North America
The global market in North America is expected to exhibit a rapid growth rate during the forecast period due to the high investments by the U.S. government and space agencies in manufacturing reusable launch systems. For instance, in September 2019, NASA awarded a contract worth USD 4,600 million to Lockheed Martin Corporation to supply six reusable Orion crew capsules integrated with lightweight 3D printed modules.
The Asia Pacific is expected to hold the largest satellite manufacturing and launch system market share during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to growing satellite launch infrastructure and satellite launch programs from China, India, and Australia. For instance, in November 2020, the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) successfully launched 10 satellites consisting of earth observation satellites and payload.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global satellite manufacturing and launch system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global satellite manufacturing and launch system market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the segment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the satellite type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-use sector?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global satellite manufacturing and launch system market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
October 2020: The Boeing Company was granted a contract worth USD 298 million by the U.S. Space Force for next-generation SATCOM satellites. Under this contract, The Boeing Company is expected to design and develop an intricate military satellite and payload architecture system.
Browse Complete Report Details Enabled with Complete Tables and Figures: