Search engine traffic is one of, if not the main, source of website traffic. It turns out that 51% of all consumers expect the information they want to come from the first search engine result. Who knew? That's why it's essential to make “good” a website SEO audit when designing and implementing your marketing strategy. Achieving indexation takes time and involves sacrificing some aspects to achieve higher ranking positions (not just keyword stuffing). This guide will help you map out an effective SEO strategy and make those crucial first strides on your internet journey!
What is an SEO Strategy?
An SEO strategy is a plan of action taken to improve a website's search engine ranking and visibility. Its main goal is to increase organic traffic, which is clicks from users who found the site through a search engine. Many different methods can be used as part of this plan, but the most important thing is to start with the basics and move on to more advanced techniques as needed. One of the most important aspects of a strategy is choosing the right keywords to target. These are the terms that users will enter into search engines when they are looking for websites like yours.
Choosing keywords that are relevant to your business and have a high search volume but aren’t too competitive is essential. Once you’ve chosen your keywords, there are several other elements to consider as part of your SEO plan, including:
- Creating high-quality content that contains the keywords you’re targeting
- Building backlinks from other websites
- Optimizing your website for mobile users
- Using social media to promote your website
These are just a few elements that can be included in an SEO strategy. A website SEO audit can reveal its main issues and can help you set up the whole marketing strategy.
Who Needs an SEO Plan?
If you own a business or website, you need an SEO plan. Period. Search engine optimization is no longer an option; it's a necessity. Having a solid strategy is critical to success in the online world. But what exactly does this mean, and how do you create one? This is simply a plan of action for improving your website's rankings in search engine results. This can be done by optimizing your website's content and structure, building links, and improving your online presence.
Best Practice for Local SEO
Local SEO is a process by which businesses can optimize their online presence to attract customers in their local area. While the techniques may vary slightly from those used in traditional SEO, the goal is to improve visibility and ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). Several factors contribute to local SEO, and some of the best practices include:
- Optimizing your website for local keywords. Setting up keywords can be tricky sometimes, but understanding the process will save your business. Starting with a website SEO audit to find the best keywords from a certain area is an essential step in creating your strategic plan.
- Creating localized content (such as blog posts) that speaks to your target audience. This point is somehow related to the first one, as we are referring to “speaking the same language” with your clients. Besides, people from a certain region may have a common interest in something local, like a football club.
- Ensuring your NAP (name, address, phone number) is consistent across all platforms. You have to put your contact details on all your communication channels (website, social media) and also flag your business on google. If any of the contact details changes, you should perform the modification as soon as possible.
- Claiming and optimizing your business listings on directories like Google My Business and Yelp. Also, consider some directories where you can list your business, like YellowPages or Booking.
- Creating social media profiles for your business and regularly sharing relevant, local content. Remember the trends that ask for more video content and use as many channels as you consider appropriate.
By following these best practices, you can help ensure that your business shows up when potential customers in your area are searching for products or services like yours.
Best Practice for International SEO
If you want to take your website global, you need to make a few additional considerations for your SEO strategy. Here are some best practices for international SEO:
- Know your audience. Who are you trying to reach with your content? Make sure you tailor your content and keywords to your target market.
- Do your research. What are the top searches in the countries you’re targeting? What are the most popular search engines in those markets?
- Use local keywords. In addition to using general keywords that will be popular across all markets, use targeted keywords specific to each country. This will help improve your local search results.
- Optimize your website for different languages and devices. Is your website available in multiple languages? If not, you may miss a large portion of the international market. Also, remember that people in different countries may be using other devices (e.g., smartphones vs. desktops), so make sure your website is optimized for all devices.
- Promote your website internationally. Once you’ve made all the necessary changes to your website and content, start promoting it in the target countries.
Tips for Managing a Business Website
You have a few advantages when doing a website SEO audit as a local business. First, check if you target your SEO efforts specifically to your city or region. This will help you rank higher in local search results, often the first thing potential customers see when searching for businesses like yours.
You can use your blog to promote your business to a broader audience. By writing posts about topics related to your business, you can attract readers from all over the world who might not otherwise have found your website. And if you include keywords and other SEO-friendly phrases in your blog posts, you can further improve your chances of ranking high in search results.
If you're unsure where to start, consider seeking help from a digital marketing agency that can perform a website SEO audit for you first, then set up a marketing strategy.
Choosing a Keyword
If you want to improve your SEO strategy, start by choosing a keyword. This can be a complex process, but you can use a few methods to make it easier. First, brainstorm a list of potential keywords. Once you have a list, narrow it down by considering which keywords are most relevant to your business. Then, a keyword research tool is used to determine which keywords are most popular with searchers. Finally, choose an appropriate and popular keyword for your SEO efforts.
How To Create a Visual Content Plan?
As a business owner, you know that creating great visual content is essential to driving traffic and engagement on your website and social media channels. But what's the best way to create a visual content plan?Here are a few tips:
- Set your goals. Do you want to increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, or boost conversions? Once you know what you want, you can develop a content strategy to help you reach your goals.
- Know your audience. Who are you trying to reach with your visual content? What kind of content will appeal to them? Creating buyer personas can be helpful in this process.
- Develop a posting schedule. How often do you want to post visual content? What days and times should you post? Sticking to a posting schedule will help ensure your Visual Content Plan is successful.
- Create a mix of content types. Visual content comes in many forms, from images and infographics to videos and Live videos. Mixing up the types of content you create will help keep things interesting for your audience.
- Promote your visual content on social networks, according to the type of the content: video on Tik Tok and YouTube, photos on Instagram, and text on Facebook and blog.
How to Strategically Create Content for Engaging Google Search Results
As a small business, creating informative and engaging content is essential to draw attention from Google search results. However, how can you ensure that your content will stand out with so much competition? Run a website SEO audit; then you can follow some tips on how to create content for engaging Google search results strategically:
1. Start Local
When it comes to SEO, starting local can be a great way to get your content noticed. For example, if you're a restaurant in the New York area, you can create blog posts about the best local attractions for visitors or the best items on your menu. This will help you rank higher in Google searches for people looking for things to do or places to eat in New York.
2. Use Keywords Genuinely
Including relevant keywords in your content is essential for ranking high in Google searches. However, using them sparingly and only when they naturally fit into the sentence is necessary. Overusing keywords will make your content less readable and flag your site as being spammy, which could result in a drop in your rankings.
3. Create Engaging Content
By creating engaging content for the blog section or social media channels, you can encourage your followers to interact and maintain a higher level of activity on your pages. This is a gold mine for algorithms, both Google and Facebook. Engagement is something that helps you a lot to grow organically.
Future Steps and Conclusion
After reading this SEO strategy guide, you should have a pretty good understanding of how to get started with a website SEO audit for your business and choose a plan that fits your business. But what are some next steps you can take? Here is a resume of a few suggestions:
- Learn more about keyword research and target the right keywords for your business.
- Optimize your website for those keywords.
- Create great content that will attract links and social shares.
- Promote your content through social media and other channels.
- Monitor your results and adjust your strategy as needed.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The important thing is to keep learning and evolving your strategy as the search landscape changes. Good luck!