Setup – Back (Trunk)[tesla s trunk]. This is a very easy DIY project, but if you do not regard on your own as being a bit ‘handy' (not handsy, that's completely various) then this could not be for you.
1. Initially, this includes points (hinges, hefty trunk lids etc) that can assert one or more of your fingers. Please take care, and guarantee you have a helper to hold the trunk open while you're working with it.
2. Both the factory shows off the requirement to be removed. Ensure you've placed a towel over the glass where you're working, to ensure that if something flies off or the strut flops onto the glass, no damage is done.
3. With a person holding the trunk open, utilize a tool flat-blade screwdriver to release the spring clips at the top as well as the base of the struts. You do not require to completely remove them, just popping them out half means is enough.
4. Now get rid of the strut. You may require to lift the trunk a little bit further to take the stress off the strut – it must come away with almost no effort.
5. Repeat the exact same process for the opposite, bearing in mind to shield the glass, and to constantly hold onto the trunk – it's hefty when not sustained by the struts, and no fun at all if it comes crashing down.
6. Now take one of the replacement shows off. All you require to do is push them over the ‘sphere lug' on the vehicle. The red spring ought to go to an all-time low, nearest the trunk opening on both sides. Begin with the bottom, then the top. You will certainly require to lower the trunk slightly to fit the top of the strut. You do not require to get rid of the clips.
7. Currently, repeat for the opposite. Do not launch the trunk up until both struts are fitted, and also you've verified that they are broken on appropriately. You must have the ability to use a fair bit of force and also they will not come away from the round outlet. 8. That's it! Closing the trunk requires a little added pressure because the tail end of closure is compressing the red ‘launch springs'. This is normal[this website].