Air conditioner repairs can be expensive, so it’s essential to list regular maintenance and tune-ups with experienced AC contractors to enjoy the best AC performance. Also, it’s crucial to learn about the common air conditioning problems so that you can take preventive measures to debar huge repairs.
- AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT TURNING ON: You must check on your thermostat batteries when your HVAC is not working or turning on. Renew the batteries if they are dead. If the batteries are in practical condition, check the thermostat settings to find out whether the cooling mode is on with your desired temperature settings. If your thermostat is working, but your AC is yet not turning on, check the circuit breaker unit. If the circuit breaker is slipped, your system won’t turn on. Adjust the circuit breaker by flipping the switch off and then on.
- AIR CONDITIONER NOT BLOWING COLD AIR: Your AC will not blow cold air if a dirty air filter accumulates on the airflow of your unit. A dirty air filter can further freeze up the condenser unit and restrict the cooling power of your AC and Heating system. Changing your air filter every month will aid your AC unit blow cold air.
- AIR CONDITIONER FREEZING UP OUTSIDE UNIT : Your air conditioner can freeze up because of the following reasons:
- Insufficient airflow
- Low outside temperature
- Low coolant levels
- Blower motor problems
- Stuck contractor
- AC REFRIGERANT LEAK: When the coolant in your air conditioner begins to leak, the temperature will differ, and the unit will not perform correctly. Leaks can result in:
- Low efficiency
- High power consumption
- Coil freezing
- Damaged compressor
- Uneven cooling
Inspect your AC and Heating regularly for any refrigerant leaks.
- AIR CONDITIONER MAKING NOISES: A refrigerant leak can result in a hissing sound.
If you notice clicking sounds when you turn on and off your AC, it might be a relay trouble.
Thumping, rattling, or banging noises mean there is a difficulty with a blower or motor assembly. The compressor or fan motor ends up producing a screeching noise. While those faulty electrical components form a buzzing sound.
- FROZEN EVAPORATOR COIL: The evaporator coil freezes when your air conditioner does not acquire sufficient air needed for operation. A frozen evaporator coil can freeze the AC and Heating system up and stop working. Plugged vents and ducts, dirty filters, or a faulty fan can cause inadequate airflow in the system. A clean air filter is crucial to maximize airflow and indoor air quality.
- ELECTRIC CONTROL FAILURE: When you oftentimes turn on and off your air conditioner, the fan holds up and compressor can wear out. The condenser fan motor, the compressor, and the blower motor form an electrical connection to get-go the unit. A connection problem can foreclose the motor and compressor from turning on. You should check the electrical connections to address the issue.
- DRAINAGE PROBLEM: The drain pipeline can also become obstructed with dust, algae, and grime. If water does not drain decently, mold, fungus, and mildew can evolve progressively. Also, gasses and dreadful odor can filter into your home. To forestall this, make sure your drain line is, on a regular basis, maintained, cleaned, and examined. Air conditioners which are not mounted level may not drain in good order.
Maintaining the AC and Heating system is the job of homeowners, however, if you are one who needs a professional and experienced technician to fix your problem then we can help you with that. If your ac unit is not working properly then you must call an AC repair company as soon as possible. We will send our highly skilled technicians at your place; they will locate the issue and fix it quickly. Call us now!