Have you recently purchased a new iOS device and love to capture a lot of pictures and videos on it? Apple is a well-known brand that produces various great smart devices. Among all the gadgets that this company designs, iPhones and iPads are most popular and commonly used among millions of users all over the world. Also, Apple releases updates for the operating system for all of its devices from time to time. And with every update, users get to enjoy many excellent features. A few months ago, Apple released the iPhone 13 series, which is now available to buy at a great price. iPhone 13 series introduced a camera with macro mode, but whenever the user gets close to a subject, the camera app automatically switches to the macro mode. And there are some users who want to disable the macro mode and automatic switching on their new iOS device.
Are you also a user of iPhone 13 and want to turn off the macro mode and automatic switching but don’t know how to do so? If you wish to get the procedure to disable this camera feature, you must go through this entire post.
Turning off the macro mode and automatic switching on iPhone
It is a much easier task for any iPhone user to turn off the macro mode and automatic switch on their iOS device. With the release of the iOS 15.2 version, the company added a new feature to the iPhone’s camera app. When you enable this feature and launch the camera app on your iPhone, a button appears within the app that allows you to turn off or on the macro mode manually. And as mentioned above, when you get closer to a subject to capture its image, the iPhone’s camera app jitters. By activating the macro mode and shifting from a regular wide lens to an ultra-wide lens, the iPhone’s camera app helps you to capture more details of the subject.
However, if you don’t like this feature, you can turn it off by going through the settings app on your iOS device. To do so, you will have to follow a simple procedure that includes some steps. You can prevent the camera app on your iPhone from automatically switching to the auto macro mode.
Instructions to enable the macro-control on iPhone
Follow the instructions to enable the macro control to turn off the macro mode and automatic switch on your iPhone:
- To get started with the task, first of all, you will have to make sure that your iOS device is running the latest iOS version. And if you haven’t upgraded your device yet, check out the guide on our website.
- You will now have to launch the Settings app on your iPhone from the home screen.
- If you are unable to find the app, you can use Apple’s inbuilt spotlight search feature also to find the Settings app.
- After reaching the Settings screen, scroll down to tap on the option of “Camera.”
- Now, turn on the toggle switch for the “Macro Control” option found at the bottom of the menu.
- And after you are done following the above steps, you can close the Settings app and launch the camera app on your iPhone to test it.
- Move your iOS device close to a subject to capture a picture, after which you will be able to notice that the Camera app switched over to the Macro mode.
- You will also be able to see a new icon in the preview with the image of a flower. If the button is highlighted in yellow color, that means the macro mode is turned on.
- To disable the mode, tap the button, and then your iPhone’s camera will switch back to the lens, whichever you were using before. And that’s it.
So, this is how you can turn off the macro mode and automatic switch on your iOS device, running the latest iOS version. So, now you know how you can disable the feature, follow the procedure now. And please let us know if you face any difficulties. To know more about the latest iPhone 13 series, you can take a tour of our official website.