As most PC clients know, Avast is a standout amongst other free antivirus programs for Windows. Despite the fact that it is very helpful software, at times, it can meddle with another program, or can even be installed as a pack without the requirement for it. Despite an explanation, we’d prefer to proceed with our client tips series with how to uninstall Avast totally and leave no buildups.
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can totally uninstall avast from your computer. Follow these simple steps to uninstall Avast antivirus and no longer shown on your device
Read Also: How to Fix Avast UI Failed to Load Error
Steps to Completely Uninstall Avast Antivirus
Step 1 — Use Avast Uninstall Utility
1. Avast offers a dedicated Uninstall Utility that you can use to completely remove the antivirus. You can download and install the Avast Uninstall Utility from Avast.
2. Launch the utility. You’ll be prompted to restart Windows in Safe Mode. After that, select your Avast antivirus version. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
Step 2 — Uninstall Avast from Control Panel
1. Launch the Control Panel and go to Programs.
2. Then click on Uninstall a program.
3. Select Avast and then click on the Uninstall button
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3 — Remove Avast from AppData
To completely remove Avast, make sure there are no antivirus files left behind.
1. Type %appdata% in the Windows Search bar.
2. Double-click on the AppData folder.
3. Then locate the Avast Antivirus folder.
4. Right-click on that folder and select Delete
Step 4 — Uninstall Avast from the Registry Editor
If Avast is still visible under the Registry Editor, you need to completely delete the folder.
1. Type regedit in the Windows Search bar and press Enter.
2. Navigate to this path: ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAvast Software.
3. Then right-click on the Avast Software folder and delete it.
4. Go ahead and restart your computer again for the changes to take full effect.
Avast antivirus is the best security software for Windows and MAC. Many users want to uninstall Avast antivirus and facing issues. I hope these methods are helpful to uninstall avast from your device. If you have the same issue contact Avast customer support number for instant help.