Canon is a Japan-based multinational company. This company specializes in manufacturing printers, steppers, photocopiers, etc. Canon promises its customers the best printing qualities and a smooth printing experience. You can choose any Canon printer model that better suits your personal & professional needs. These printers work well. However, sometimes user faces Canon printer error code p02. In this complete blog, I am going to tell you the causes behind the Canon printer error code p02 and the possible easy ways to fix it quickly.
Causes of Canon Printer Error Code P02
Basically, Canon Printer Error Code P02 occurs when there is a problem with the ink cartridge. Also, if your printer faces problems with the cartridge connector, this can also be blamed in occurring the Canon printer error code P02. When this error occurs, your Canon printer stops working properly. As a result, the user gets annoying and frustrated and starts finding the appropriate solution to get rid of this issue. However, before knowing the fixes to this problem, let’s know about the causes of the Canon printer error code P02.
- An issue with the ink cartridge.
- A problem while connecting to the cartridge.
Whatever the reason behind occurring the Canon printer error code P02, the method to fix it is truly easy.
Methods To Fix Canon Printer Error Code P02
Just have a look at the following steps to get rid of Canon printer error code P02.
- First of all, you need to turn off your printer. You can do this by clicking on the power button on the control panel.
- After turning it off, wait for a few minutes.
- Now, turn your printer on.
- Once your Printer turns on, you have to transfer the cartridge from the right to the left section.
- In the end, you need to check there should not present any foreign body, such as a paper clip or a piece of paper, within the Printer’s foreign particle.
Now, follow the methods below to properly clean your printer in order to get rid of Canon printer error code P02:
- Firstly, you need to examine the particular area around the Rear Tray (using a torchlight).
- Now, make sure to remove any kind of foreign object. You might see these objects presented with long-nose pliers (do with caution if they are there).
- Also, do not forget to check inside the Printer if you find anything wrong.
- Now, turn on the Printer by opening the main access cover.
- As a result, you will see the Print Head Holder will adjust its position itself in order to meet the new ink location.
- Make sure the Printer’s access lid is open. Also, the power cables should be disconnected at all times.
- Now you need to slide the cartridge to the right side of the Printer until it reaches the complete stop.
- Carefully check the left and the center area using torchlight and make sure there should not be any blockage.
- Now, turn on the Printer and check if it is in the proper condition to work.
- After that, you have to wipe the encoder strip with a lint-free, dry cloth in order to remove any remaining debris.
- Finally, thoroughly inspect your Canon printer to make sure that no components, such as logic boards, carriage units, or carriage motors, are malfunctioning or damaged. So, all the above steps are very important and can 100 percent help you to fix Canon printer error code P02.