Mosquito control is higher than simply killing them when they attack your garden. There is nothing simple about killing mosquitoes because of the way they can hide in season and breed in places you may never have thought about. You only have to consider the following mosquito breeding areas to realize the immense problem you may have in destroying them from your garden, yard or also your industrial premises.
Where do Mosquitoes Breed?
Mosquitoes breed in any still or stagnant water. They do not breed in running streams, but they do in pools, fishponds and even bayous and other wetland habitats. It doesn’t take a great leap of common knowledge to then see that they will also breed in garden ponds, old tin cans, watering cans, blocked gutters, bird baths and any other areas where water can collect and stagnate. Even stagnant groundwater around your trees can be a breeding home for mosquitoes.
Mosquito Protection: Any Mosquito Control Tips
- Here are a few tips on mosquito control that might prevent these vicious insects from terrorizing your yard when your kids are playing or even when you are trying to enjoy a nice evening in season or fall.
- · Check your entire yard for areas where mosquitoes might breed: empty boxes such as bottles, containers, watering cans, puppy dishes, and birdbaths.
- · Check out any pools or lakes you have: these are ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you have fish, then you should be OK because they will likely pick up all the larvae. Fish ponds are very rarely sources of mosquito larvae or wrigglers but ponds outwardly fish certainly are!
- · Make sure your roof guttering is clear and not blocked with vegetation, and also check downpipes to ensure that they run free and there are no lots of stagnant pool around the channels.
- · Don’t ignore the fountain! Many people with a fountain tend to turn it off in late summer, early fall, and that is when mosquitoes can lay their eggs in the still water.
Mosquito control is not easy, but if you follow these easy tips on mosquito protection then you will minimize the problem. If you fail to eradicate this completely, then likely a professional mosquito control firm is your best solution.