Are you among the many people considering a kitchen remodel this year?
Before you begin swinging hammers, you must ensure that you first define your goals and know all of your options.
A kitchen remodel is a major project to tackle- even when it is only a smaller footprint! You are going to have to plan ahead, and stick to your plan, in order to ensure the success of your plan while maximizing your expenditures and your resulting profits. To be specific, you are going to come out with a freshly updated kitchen to enjoy daily. Here is the list of things that you should keep in mind as you plan, undertake your kitchen remodel and look for kitchen remodel contractors in Houston.
Why are you remodeling your kitchen?
Before you engage kitchen remodelers in Houston, you are going to want to ask yourself some tough questions. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it is a good place to start.
- Why are you remodeling your kitchen? Are you upgrading the worn-out surfaces, finishes, or materials? Are you planning on making a small kitchen bigger? Or do you just want to add some new features and improve the livability of the space?
- Are you looking out to add resale value, or is this going to be your forever home?
- Do you only entertain frequently and wish for a kitchen to meet your lifestyle?
- Do you cook a lot and need a kitchen fit for a chef?
- Does the current layout/floor plan address your needs? Will a simple refresh suffice, or do you require a full gut and remodel?
- Do you need new appliances? More plumbing? Changes in the electrical setting?
- Do you have a budget or cap on what you want to spend?
- As you can see, there are lots of questions that precede a remodel. Your first step is to ensure that you can answer all of the questions and more as the answers are going to determine the scope of your remodel, the trades needed and even how much you are going to need to budget for a kitchen remodel.
Here are the most common reasons for a kitchen remodel:
Updating fixtures and surfaces
Most homeowners tend to think that a complete renovation is important to spruce up their dated kitchen; when in reality, a light refresh could just as easily do the trick. If you are someone who is not bothered by the payout of your kitchen, then you can consider simply upgrading its fixtures and surfaces. Adding some modern touches to your existing kitchen might be all you need in order to feel better about the space.
Correcting a kitchen’s flow/floor plan
An outdated floor plan may tend to ruin the flow of your kitchen and make the space a drag to be in. if your need for a kitchen remodel is more than just cosmetic, you may want to look into layout changes. Some of the common kitchen layouts are Galley, named after the galley of a ship and is best suited for tight spaces, which are thin corridor kitchen that are typically enclosed by two parallel walls.
Return on Investment
Kitchens are one of the main points to sell houses, so they say. And if you are trying to sell your home, a kitchen remodels might just be the thing that you need to get the best return on your investment. Kitchens and master baths are the two most important rooms to have in tip-top condition before listing your house on the market.
As you tackle your kitchen remodel, you are going to need to make a lot of choices. By the end of your model, do not be surprised if you are so ‘option-fatigued’ that cannot choose where to eat dinner, as you will have made many different choices that you might be tired of choosing.