Have you become tired of searching for ways to troubleshoot the error code E23 on your Canon printer? Have you made a decision to buy a new printer as soon as you receive your salary? If your answer to both of these questions is yes, you have finally come to the right page. The error E23 is common on a Canon printer. A Canon printer user may find it difficult to resolve it. We have discussed various methods to sort out the error code in the article. By reading the causes of the error, you will easily be able to fix the error. Before taking a look at the solutions, we will take a glance at the reasons behind the error.
Why Does the Error Code E23 Occur on a Canon Printer?
The appearance of the error code E23 is common on any Canon printer model. A Canon printer user may get frustrated when the error code appears on their Canon printer. We have listed several common factors that lead to the occurrence of the error code E23. The reasons behind the error have been mentioned below:
- When there is any paper stuck inside the paper tray, the occurrence of the error is common.
- When any foreign object is stuck inside the printer, you may see the error code E23 on your Canon printer.
- If there is any issue with the paper quality, the error code E23 may occur on your Canon printer.
Note: We have mentioned the reasons behind the error code E23 above. By becoming aware of the causes, anyone with little technical knowledge can resolve the error quickly. Now is the time to take a look at the solutions and understand how to sort out the error.
Solutions to Sort Out the Error Code E23
If a Canon printer ever faces the error code 23 on their Canon printer, there is no need to get disappointed! We have listed several effective solutions to get rid of the error code E23 in quick steps. Read the solutions below.
A Canon printer user doesn’t need to become frustrated when the error code E23 occurs on their printer. We have explained the step-by-step procedure to put this problem to an end. Take a look at the solutions given below and fix the error code E23. Follow the steps:
- The first and most important thing you need to do is check if you have placed the paper tray in the correct position.
- If the position of the paper tray is not correct, you need to place it in the proper position.
- If you see any foreign object lying on the paper tray, you should remove it and keep it clean.
- The next thing you need to do is to check the dust or any material on the paper tray. If you see anything, remove it.
- When you have cleaned the paper tray, you need to load a few papers on it.
- Keep in mind that overloading the paper tray may cause the error code E23.
- Avoid overloading the paper tray and load as the minimum amount of papers as possible.
- Now, turn on your Canon printer and try printing a test page to check if the error is fixed.
Note: In rare cases, the above-mentioned steps may not fix the error code E23. If you see the error appearing on your Canon printer after trying out the steps given above, you need to try out the second solution we have described below.
Applying the second solution to the error code E23 is easy. Anyone can put the procedure into action and get rid of the error code E23. Now is the time to proceed further and quickly resolve the issue. Follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Canon printer and detach the power cables and USB cables from your printer.
- When it gets disconnected from the power supply, you need to place it in a dry place.
- Keep in mind that the temperature in the area should be average.
- Clean the paper tray.
- If any paper sheet is torn or stuck inside the printer, remove the paper immediately.
- After that, remove the printer cover that encloses the ink cartridges and clean the printhead using a soft cotton cloth or tissue paper.
- Clean the printhead and slit disk gently.
- If you see any problem with any other components, clean them properly.
- Now, put all the parts back into the same position.
- Now, reconnect the power cables and USB cables to the Canon printer.
- Turn it on and print a page to see if the error code E23 is gone.
Note: If you are not tech-savvy and don’t know much about the printers, you should not try out the steps above and avoid taking risks. Contact a highly skilled printer expert to help you resolve the issue.
The article introduces the best solutions to rectify the error code E23 on a Canon printer. Anyone can put the above-mentioned procedures into action to get rid of the error E23. We hope the article proves helpful to Canon printer users.