If you have encountered error code E50, then you have certainly come to the right spot to find an accurate solution for your problem. Due to the error code occurrence, your entire printing job schedule becomes a total mess. Also, you most probably lose your deadlines or too much of your precious time. And it is something you cannot avoid, as every minor issue leads to lethal consequences when ignored. Even if your option is to hire a tech expert, it is going to take some time before the help arrives at your door.
So, in the meantime, you can try to resolve the error code by yourself. The method may seem complicated at first, but it only requires your focus and a little bit of familiarity with the printer. You just have to follow the steps mentioned in this blog properly. Also, you need to understand what are the possible causes of the error code. Here, you need to find out the causes first, then work on the solutions to resolve the error code E50. Let’s see what information we can collect to make the printer error-free.
How To Identify the Causes of the Error Code E50 in Canon Printer?
Here, the error code E50 represents the issue of the printer not being able to respond during the scanning process of the print head alignment sheet. The error code E50 is one of the common error codes, which you will often encounter in Canon printers. However, nowadays, these error codes rarely display in your printer, but they can occur when they have been used for a while. When you are struggling with these error codes, the better idea is to not panic over how you will be able to resolve the problem.
You must remember that each error code carries both possibilities of issue, for instance, internal and external. Also, in between the internal and external issues, the error code hides several reasons behind it. But the good news is, here, the error code E50 symbolizes a clear error message. It makes your job easier, and now you have the idea where to find the exact problem. Let’s see what are the steps that can help us resolve the error code in the printer.
Troubleshooting tips to remove the error code E50
Now that we have all the information we need on this error, we must focus on the methods mentioned below. Follow the step-by-step guidelines given below and resolve them quickly.
Solution 1: Resetting Your Printer
- In this method, you have to reset your printer, which is considered the most effective and common method to try.
- Now the first step requires you to press the reset/stop button that can be recognized easily on the Canon printer.
- Then, you have to make sure that the papers are loaded in the correct form of orientation in the paper tray.
- Here, you also have to verify if the sheets you are using for printing jobs are A4 size loaded in the paper tray.
- In this step, you have to wipe the platen glass in case you have found it stained.
- In the last step, you have to check the nozzle pattern by printing a test document and see if all the ink has been discharged properly.
Solution 2: Service Mode
- In this method, you have to turn your printer into service mode.
- Now you have to start by switching off your printer by pressing the power button.
- Then you are required to take out the USB cable of the printer from your computer system.
- While your printer is still on rest mode, you have to press and hold the start/stop button visible on your Canon printer. You need to keep pressing it along with pressing the resume/cancel button.
- And while you are holding the cancel/resume button or start/stop button, hold the power button.
- When you discover that the power LED is blinking, you should release the start/stop button but keep holding the power button. You have to perform this step twice and then wait until your printer makes the (0) number appear.
- Once the (0) number is displayed on your printer, you have to connect the USB cables of the printer back to the computer system.
- Then your printer will start detecting the computer, and this is a sign you can resume your printing jobs.
With the help of these solutions, you can easily and quickly remove the error code E50 from your Canon printer. If you see an error code is still displaying in the printer, you need to contact the Canon printer support help immediately.
Read Official Blog Post – Troubleshooting Canon Printer Error Code E50 With An Easy Method